General > Trains!

7374/7375 Reversing Mechanism

(1/4) > >>

VicKlicktor:

Hello,

Has anyone used this set in layouts?

Playdalai at Amclicks shows these photos in a thread where many items not included in Collector 3rd edition book are rediscovered:

7374 (UK version)
7375 (USA version)

I am confused, according to the instructions image this set would not be used in a loop, just in open straight tracks. What would be the idea to have it if the loco driving direction (forward/back) can be changed directly with the control speed knob in transformer? First photo says "automatic reversing" but the knob has to be turned off manually to stop the train just in the buffer, I guess.  ???

LGB has a reversing loop (P/N 10151) which makes more sense:

playmofire:
You use this unit where you have an end-to-end layout rather than a  round-and-round one.

The train runs to one end of the line, pauses and then returns to where it started and pauses again before repeating the process.

By using points at each end, you can actually have the train running end-ot-end while going round and round a layout.

I'm away from home but will post some photos when I return.

You'll find more here:
http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=16220.0
but sadly the video doesn't work any more thanks to Photobucket.  I'm away from home at the moment, but I'll upload the video to my YouTube channel when I get home on Monday.

Marco_4124:
Give me a little time to react.

VicKlicktor:

--- Quote from: playmofire on April 05, 2019, 19:36:29 ---
By using points at each end, you can actually have the train running end-ot-end while going round and round a layout.

I'm away from home but will post some photos when I return.

--- End quote ---

Thanks! Now it makes more sense to me.
It will be very interesting to watch those photos

Marco_4124:
Playmobil 7374 is not intended for reversing loops, but to allow a train to automatically move back and forth between two end points. It is still being made, but as a LGB L10345 (old version 10340 and even older 0090) reversing unit. For Playmobil only the shape of the buffer stop has been changed. In the buffer stop is the electronics that ensures that the train automatically turns after detection in the track. If I am not wrong, the waiting time can also be set.

P.s.: If the manual is still included in the box, you can help me with scans from it. Than I can add it to the list of old train manuals for other Playmobil train fans (I translate them to PDF files).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version