Author Topic: Review 9082 City Life Florist.  (Read 1752 times)

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
Review 9082 City Life Florist.
« on: January 29, 2017, 11:41:48 »
Review 9082 City Life Florist.

As a child I grew up in a part of The Netherlands that is called “De Bollenstreek” (Bollen = flower bulbs). It is quite famous for its flower bulbs cultivation, but also a lot of other flower species are grown and sold all over the world here. My mother loved flowers, and I grew up in a house surrounded by flowers, inside and outside. I wanted for my Playmobil/LGB train layout some flowers, and as soon I’ve heard off novel Playmobil set 9082, I could not resist it. Specially because no solution is offered by Pola or other scenery brands that is affordable or from a good quality.

The box of Playmobil 9082, which is a bit too pink for me. I rather prefer the classic blue Playmobil box.

Playmobil 9082 comes in a large, pink box. The box colour suggest that it is a toy for girls, but in “De Bollenstreek” also a lot of men are working in the fields. Inside the box are several clear plastic bags with a lot of tiny pieces and a manual. I strongly suggest that you read the manual first, because the number of parts is overwhelming. Take your time to build everything up, and only open a plastic bag as soon as you need a part. A large clear table is very welcome! I also used the manual to check if I builded everything up.

Inside the box there are a lot of items. On this picture I even forgot the billboard and the basket, which is also included in this set.

I used the manual to check if I builded up everything correctly. A large clear table is well recommended.

The billboard comes with a white pencil.

A fun little detail are the flower pots for the sunflowers. On the flower pots there is a little inscription that reads “Lechuza”. Little know fact is that Geobra not only manufacturing Playmobil, but also Lechuza flower pots. They are quite famous because of their water distribution system inside.

This box not only contains a lot of flowers, but also a florist. To make work easy, he has a little handcar, filled with several buckets, a basket and a watering can. A billboard with a pencil (!) makes the set complete. I could only find one disadvantage: I missed some garden equipment. But at the other hand, there are a lot of flowers to make every Playmobil girl happy. Little suggestion for Playmobil, next set perhaps a greenhouse?

A happy customer.  ;)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Review 9082 City Life Florist.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 14:42:06 »
Thank you for an excellent review, Marco, of an interesting set. 

Diane and I are visiting The Netherlands this coming April on a Stream Trains and Tulips tour which takes in the Keukenhof Gardens and the Hoorn steam train museum.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Online tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 15:14:09 »
Thank you for the detailed review!

I would really like to get that yellowish vase...

(and what's with playmobil and that torso?!)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 15:43:59 »
Thanks for the detailed review. And oh what a beautiful place to grow up in! It's true that they shouldn't make the box pink for this set, flowers are not just for girls! My dad and his dad before him have spent their whole lives flower gardening.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 17:09:30 »
Glad to see a review of this set.  I think it will be added to my collection as well.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 10:36:35 »
Thank you for the detailed review!
I would really like to get that yellowish vase...
(and what's with playmobil and that torso?!)
I don't quite understand you, but here is a picture from the florist in detail.

Online tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 10:46:14 »
I don't quite understand you, but here is a picture from the florist in detail.

I meant...  why do they keep using that torso? It's so.... LOUD.

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 13:21:03 »
The colours are indeed very bright, but perhaps you can solve this with a torso from the Mystery Figures.

Online tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 13:22:10 »
The colours are indeed very bright, but perhaps you can solve this with a torso from the Mystery Figures.

I probably would, though I don't plan to buy this set.
(btw, the leafblower in the figures had the same torso... just sayin'  :P )