Author Topic: 4176 Saurus Team Quadbike  (Read 8694 times)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
4176 Saurus Team Quadbike
« on: September 29, 2007, 07:02:06 »

The 4th Quadbike in the Playmobil line, and my first foray into the Dinosaur series. I had to get this for the bull-bars and luggage rack, but it also comes with a host of parts; yellow-handled axe, camcorder, rifle with scope, torch (flashlight), binoculars, walkie talkie, map, suitcase, and of course GPS. The Klickie is a member of Saurus Team, and on the hunt for Triceratops.

Other dinos shown on the map are Tyrannosaurus, Pteranodon, Eudimorphodon, Deinonychus, Brachiosaurus, Dilophosaurus, Spinosaurus, Psitacosaurus, Titanosaurus, and Deinosuchus. If Playmobil produce a model for each of these, there's going to be a lot of crowded playrooms and a lot of empty pockets!

The bull-bars will also fit on 2 other of my quadbikes, but not the Police quad. It clips into small recesses in the wheelwells, and the Police quad lacks these. It looks like Geobra planned ahed, and I'll undoubtedly be getting some extra sets to beef up my other quads to join the dino hunt. 

The luggage rack (with stretchy straps) neatly holds all the Klicky's kit, and the rifle fits into cutouts at the front of the rack.

My only disappointment is the tiny suitcase - it's so small that only the walkie-talkie and torch will fit inside - and the walkie-talkie has to go diagonally. If the case were bigger, then all the kit could have fit inside except for the rifle, and would be less likely to get lost on expeditions, and the rack is big enough to fit a larger case. 

Naturally I am re-watching the Jurassic Park trilogy this weekend.

Part Numbers for Quad Bike add-ons:

Bull-bars: 30 27 6640
Headlights: 30 07 5310
Luggage Rack: 30 27 6650
Luggage Straps: 30 88 9102
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 22:07:25 by Martin Milner »

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
Re: 4176 - Saurus Team Quadbike
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 08:16:33 »
Customizer also made a very nice review of this set with some cool instruction how to package the load basket at the quad's back.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 08:30:49 »
Thanks for this review, Martin.  I'd missd this release in the news and may add it to my list when it comes out over here, although it's the bull bars and pannier I really want.  Thanks for including the part numbers for these and other items.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 14:28:56 »
Customizer also made a very nice review of this set with some cool instruction how to package the load basket at the quad's back.
Thanks, Jochen!

WOW!

Martin, with yours and Andi's excellent reviews, the 4176 ATV Quadbike has received a very thorough critique!

Thanks to both you and Andi for ALL of your GREAT reviews!

And, thanks for helping me to continue to financially support Horst and all of his "Zirndorf elves" ...  :lol:

All the best and please keep writing those rave reviews,
Richard

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 14:42:36 »
Oops! Sorry if my review was surplus to requirements, I should have thought to check for previous reviews first.

I also just realised that the side bars on the luggage rack could be used to carry it (between two klickies), to make unloading easier.

Just watched Jurassic Park:The Lost World (second movie), hope my klicky doesn't go the way of most of those guys, or I'll have to sieve the dinopoop for the GPS.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 15:31:36 »
Oops! Sorry if my review was surplus to requirements, I should have thought to check for previous reviews first.

Martin ...

I don't think any apology is necessary at all!
Your review very nicely complemented Andi's ... :wow:

IMO ... I would rather have too much than chance missing out all together. So, please keep writing those great reviews of yours! (Here at PF and over at GW-PC!)

All the best,
Richard

Offline EDWINMODELS

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 09:16:23 »
Hi Martin

And thanks for writting this review and all of your others.

I am in total agreement with Richard in that I would rather have too much than too little. So keep up the good work - Craig

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 13:32:23 »
Martin ...

I don't think any apology is necessary at all!
Your review very nicely complemented Andi's ... :wow:

IMO ... I would rather have too much than chance missing out all together. So, please keep writing those great reviews of yours!

Ditto  ;)