Author Topic: Wolf Knights....  (Read 20415 times)

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
Re: Wolf Knights....
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 00:45:02 »
Great photos Wolf Knight, thank you! I am not sure I want to invest in too many of these but it is nice to see the real differences. :wave:

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 02:47:42 »
Yes great photos of your knights,Wolf Knight!  ;)

Baden
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 04:59:12 »
Thanks a lot for showing these detailed pictures WK. They indeed look like a bunch of great Klickies to have with nice equipment and unique armor. Although it looks like the helmet on 4808 wasn't Bronzed. Thats really weird if it is so.

The wolves very nice to especially them each having a different color.

Yes, 4808 is indeed not bronze coloured... still its great to be used in other, especially red dragon, knights ;D ;D ;D

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 05:00:41 »
I have these also.  I like the bronze  colors.  I have four catapults and about 30 to 40 wolf knights right now.  I have one set of bronze knights to lead the others into battle.  I don't use the dragon helmet because it just doesn't fit in my opinion.

Aren't they great?

Neither does the bull horned one I think...that is why they need, and offer the opportunity for, extensive customisation!!!!  ;D ;D

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 05:03:09 »
Great photos Wolf Knight, thank you! I am not sure I want to invest in too many of these but it is nice to see the real differences. :wave:

Glad you enjoyed them Gepetto!!!  :wave: :wave: :wave: Be carefull if you decide to invest...you'll end up with more than you'll need!!! :D :D

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 05:03:31 »
Yes great photos of your knights,Wolf Knight!  ;)

Baden

Thank you Baden!!!!  :wave: :wave: :wave:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 05:29:54 »
Thanks for the review, Panos.  It's not my theme but I like to keep up with what's happening elsewhere in the world of Playmobil.

Like you, I ask the question, "Why did Playmobil introduce them?"  Maybe, testing the idea of fantasy themes?  Who knows?

The sets do show how Playmobil have moved away from authentic detail in their knights.  The long shield first appeared with the crossbowman and with him it is right but I'm not too sure about an archer with the more traditional bow having a shield like this, but I may be wrong.  Similarly, with the original catapult set it was men-at-arms with it, not armoured knights.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2010, 07:38:21 »
Thanks for the review, Panos.  It's not my theme but I like to keep up with what's happening elsewhere in the world of Playmobil.

Like you, I ask the question, "Why did Playmobil introduce them?"  Maybe, testing the idea of fantasy themes?  Who knows?

The sets do show how Playmobil have moved away from authentic detail in their knights.  The long shield first appeared with the crossbowman and with him it is right but I'm not too sure about an archer with the more traditional bow having a shield like this, but I may be wrong.  Similarly, with the original catapult set it was men-at-arms with it, not armoured knights.

Glad to know you enjoyed them Gordon!!! Its true about the shield...maybe if this knight held a crossbow... thats an idea!!! Thank you !!!

Did these knights come out in Germany before Dragonland? Maybe they were an experiment....

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2010, 08:01:31 »
I don't exactly know why they did the Wolf Knights perse, but I think they were looking for two series where with more syergy then a normal themed series.

Both when buying the 4813 - 4817 mermaids and the Wolf Knights the idea is that you have other smaller sets to buy which SHOULD be combined. A great way to make sure that kids are more insistant on getting the others as well. This might have been an experiment and depending on the succes, we might see more of such "linked" products in the future.

Why they went with the respective themes I don't know. No complaining though as the Wolf Knights look awesome, and there are some really useful parts with the mermaids :-)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2010, 08:04:17 »
I don't exactly know why they did the Wolf Knights perse, but I think they were looking for two series where with more syergy then a normal themed series.

Both when buying the 4813 - 4817 mermaids and the Wolf Knights the idea is that you have other smaller sets to buy which SHOULD be combined. A great way to make sure that kids are more insistant on getting the others as well. This might have been an experiment and depending on the succes, we might see more of such "linked" products in the future.

Why they went with the respective themes I don't know. No complaining though as the Wolf Knights look awesome, and there are some really useful parts with the mermaids :-)

The only problem is, how to categorise these wolf knights...are they good? are they bad? to me they remain a mystery...I think I will categorise them as a balancing force between good and evil!!! Like the green dragons, the unicorn knights and the double axe dark knights!!!

Oh and yes, I have also bought a few mermaids as their parts provide excellent additions to customisation!!!