Author Topic: playmoDB down?  (Read 4056 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
playmoDB down?
« on: February 16, 2009, 13:31:34 »
Is anyone else having problems getting on to playmoDB?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: playmoDB down?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 13:59:00 »
It's not letting me bring it up, so it's down for me  :(!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 14:06:15 »
It's not letting me bring it up, so it's down for me  :(!

Nice to know I'm not alone!  I'm just wanting to do a final check on our DS order.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 14:10:45 »
Yes, the host seems to have tanked.  Support ticket is in, now we wait. Folks (not just Gordon), I'd appreciate an email or message (I get notified of those too) if you're having trouble: I have a day job and don't monitor the site 24/7.  I don't know how long the site would be down if I didn't submit a support request, but I don't want to find out :}

I'll post as soon as I can when it comes back up.  I also try to keep things updated at http://twitter.com/playmodb , so that's good place to look too.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 15:51:09 »
And we're back... I don't know what causes these intermittent outages, but they sure are annoying.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 16:37:46 »
HOORAY  :woohoo:  :yippee:! You have no idea how much we depend on your site Heather  :wow:!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 18:18:40 »
Glad you're back, Heather.   :wow: :wave: :wow:

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 18:26:21 »
The site is down again - "Account suspended" this time, for too many Apache connections, it says.  I'll be free to work on it in a few hours - hope it will be up by morning.

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 20:01:29 »
I have a day job and don't monitor the site 24/7.

Good to hear you have a day job, by the way..... where do you find the time ;D
But we want to look at the site 24/7 and we miss it even if it's not available for a day :-[

Anyhow, thanks Heather!!!!

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 02:35:03 »
All better now!  The crash resulted from the database growing so large that it was possible to get pages with thousands of pictures, from text searches, part categories, or "Who's That Klicky?", and the hosting servers don't like that one bit.  So I've limited the klicky search to 100 results (until I can get a pagination system set up) and restricted the others to text-only for more than 100.  You'll just have to be more specific, that's all :)  I'll look into tweaking it to work better without generating these enormous lists, so you may see a few alterations in how things work over the next little while - if anything's broken, please let me know.