Author Topic: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St  (Read 204002 times)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Re: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St
« Reply #320 on: January 17, 2014, 16:34:09 »
That was SO much fun!  :inlove:

Thank you for sharing the whole process. The result is truly amazing.

My favourite detail is the street sign  :)

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #321 on: January 17, 2014, 19:14:29 »
Really love it! It turns out to be a beautiful garden. I really like the passionflowers and the tulips. Thanks for sharing.
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #322 on: January 18, 2014, 09:06:37 »
Thank you so much dear Friends  :wave:

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #323 on: January 18, 2014, 09:09:28 »
Good morning dear Friends  :wave:

Here is the second part of the video on the Making Of the original outside décors of the Summer Garden Party on Regent St :

Making of the Summer Garden Party on Regent St - Part Two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9Nj1qROhNY

Enjoy  :munch:

Karim :gent:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #324 on: January 18, 2014, 14:29:09 »
Good afternoon dear Friends  :wave:

Here is the third and final part of the videos featuring Monsieur Firmin & Miss Periwinkle bringing to life to original gardens of Regent St :

Making of the Summer Garden Party on Regent St - Part Three

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnWleQHDMCY

Enjoy  :munch:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #325 on: January 18, 2014, 15:03:57 »
Absolutely lovely, both video's  :love:  Thank you for sharing!

I was happy to see the peach trees and the vegetable garden again - such beautiful items.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #326 on: January 19, 2014, 09:48:15 »
Thank you so much dear Friend  :wave:

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #327 on: January 19, 2014, 09:49:50 »
Good morning dear Friends  :wave:

Mrs Applepie, Miss Adelaide & Bridget, Young Peter and Rupert the Cat are taking you through the Making of the previous Victorian Kitchen on Regent St :

Making of the Victorian Kitchen on Regent St

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Aefj4yS3Ac

Enjoy :munch:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #328 on: January 19, 2014, 21:31:27 »
Good evening dear Friends  :wave:

Now that this reminder of my previous works on the Summer Garden Party on Regent St project is done, time has come for me to kick start my "Return to Regent St 2014 diorama" which is the continuation of the original story of one extraordinary day in the life of my happy little Victorians and their Guests  :love: A story articulated around 5 main chapters :

Summer Garden Party on Regent St - a Victorian Tale

Chapter 1 : Early Morning to Noon   

Picking the fruits and vegetables in the vegetable gardens and the preparation and cooking of the feast in the kitchen. Decoration of the gardens and the Summer pavillion.

Chapter 2 : Noon to 5.00pm    

Preparation of the afternoon cakes and other sweet delights in the kitchen, arrival of the Guests and serving of high tea on the elevated terrace lawn including a Royal visit  ;)

Chapter 3 : 5.00pm to 8.00pm  

Setting up the stage for the play "The Three Musketeers" on the elevated terrace, sitting down of the Guests and "show time" involving the 3 Musketeers, Cardinal Richelieu, Queen Anne and Milady de Winter.

Chapter 4  : 8.00pm to 10.00pm

Dishing and serving of the sumptuous evening buffet in the summer pavillion with cocktails and piano music and dancing

Chapter 5  10.00pm to Midnight

Magical entrance and performance of Maria Malibran. The end  :)

Those who remember the project know that  I was able to complete the first two chapters of the tale, so I will start the third chapter as soon as the rebuilding and redecorating works of the outside grounds and Inside of the Mansion will be completed  8}

Just like I did for the original project, I will lay sheets of A3 paper in order to work out the space that my remodelled Mansion takes now that it is featuring a double sized Victorian kitchen and conservatory. There will of course be a place for the Summer Pavillion separated from the mansion by grand gardens featuring a central fountain, an elevated terrace and 4 water features in the shape of brick lined rectangular ponds. I will use the reflective properties of the water features to enhance the lights which will decorate the outside grounds as we may remember that the third chapter is set from 17.00 to 20.00 so the atmosphere will be different from that of the first two chapters...

Not only the gardens will be enlarged compared to the original project, but also the Regent St road which will be big enough to accommodate two vehicles circulating in opposite directions - something that I was not able to do with the first project - and the vegetable garden will move to the side of the Mansion by the Victorian kitchen.

I am very excited that everything is starting to take shape and I will very soon have my Playmo Angels getting at it in the shape of Monsieur Firmin & Miss Periwinkle for the outside Grounds and Mrs Applepie and her Friends for the Victorian kitchen.

I will photograph each step of the "Return to Regent St" project and will share with you the dimensions, origins and costs of all the materials I will be using  ;)

As I mentioned before, my intention is to spice up the three chapters to come with little intrigues, mysteries and funny situations set around the visit of famous celebrities of the Victorian times creating a less formal atmosphere than that of the previous two chapters...

Thank you so much for following this thread over the years as a new chapter is about to open  :love:

Karim :)

PS : I would like to thank all the original Customizers & Friends who created figures for scènes starting from the third chapter onwards, that all your wonderful créations will appear in the tale to come and that I cannot thank you enough for your patience and talent  :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 21:47:41 by playmovictorian »

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #329 on: January 24, 2014, 05:12:28 »
A very good morning to you  :wave:

I am truly delighted that though I am professionally extremely busy, I finally succeeded in putting the finishing touches to the lay out that will become my "Return to Regent St" diorama  :cloud9:

Just like for the previous decor, this lay out is made of A3 paper sheets which measures 1 meter large x 2.80 meters long !

My remodeled villa alone measures 3Ocms large x 1 meter long  :love:

And I must confess to something that only Karim could possibly do as when I unpack a box in which I kept the Summer Pavillion, I remembered that I had an extra floor to be added to my new mansion I completely forgot to add last Sunday  :-[ I will add it this afternnon and will take a few pictures accordingly...

Needless to say that thinking about the final lay out of the diorama was not as easy as it first sounded since my tales constantly evolve around a decor which must fit and enhance the scènes and even if a space measuring 1m x 2.80m seems large enough for a diorama, it takes some thinking to fit in an enlarged mansion, a summer pavillion, an elevated terrace, patios, grand gardens featuring a central fountain and 4 small square water features, a vegetable and orchard garden by the kitchen and of course, Regent St itself at the front  8}

Just like for the original and previous decor, I have been working on marrying straight lines and curves so that once finished and decorated, filled with plants and trees, the outside grounds of the "Return to Regent St" diorama become a delightful and fresh heaven filled with summer colours  :love:

I will take a few pictures of the lay out this afternoon so that you can have an idea of what my "Return to Regent St" diorama will look like  ;)

Have

Karim