Author Topic: 4866 New castle!!!  (Read 28118 times)

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
Re: 4866 New castle!!!
« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2010, 00:29:31 »
Thanks WOT, I hadn't noticed it before, I'll look out for it.

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #111 on: October 05, 2010, 08:00:51 »
Light cavalry in platemail horse armor?   :hmm:

Yes. But i think what i refer to as light cavalry to different to what most people would think. Apart from all the knights in colourful gear i have about 60 of them ( the old single baron klicky, red hear and beard  with full armour , spears and a dog ) . This on horses with these hporse armour constiture my light calalry as they dont have the very long jousting spears but the shorter ones with the protective hand cover .
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #112 on: October 06, 2010, 09:56:28 »
thanks for the photos pano  :)

i have to say something   ???

the plastick of these helmets and accesories as i see them seem to be of a poor quality than older ones ? why ??  ???   ??? perhaps it's my idea or the picture ,but from what gordon has mentioned in some other topic that some chemical is not anymore added in the plastick has concerned me  :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh:   the quality seems poorer  >:( >:( >:(

I ordered and received about 50 from each of the new helmets from DS, and the quality of plastic is just fine-just like every other helmet produced.Maybe it's time people stop assuming things and realize things are NOT always as they "seem"...
Just my two cents... ;)
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #113 on: October 06, 2010, 19:49:21 »

I ordered and received about 50 from each of the new helmets from DS, and the quality of plastic is just fine-just like every other helmet produced.Maybe it's time people stop assuming things and realize things are NOT always as they "seem"...
Just my two cents... ;)

yes ok perhaps it's my idea i haven't get on my hands any of these i only judge from the pictures  :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: but don't worry nobody will take seriously what some member of some forum said so playmobil will have a bad name about it's plastick we just share opinions  ;)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #114 on: October 07, 2010, 06:13:29 »
The main issue I have with Playmobil's current building system, is that they can't seem to decide what they want to use-  What made steck so successful is that they is so much variety- they stuck with it for so many years.  I actually prefer system x as it was when first introduced, but its too building specific, and lacks easy interchangeability.
But I really like this castle, and they seem to be paying attention to detail, always encouraging.

I agree with this.  While all Playmobil's building systems seem to have their flaws and while I'm personally invested in System X, I wish they would have stuck with Steck for consistency and simplicity.

I personally don't like the new metal horse armor, as I think it looks like something out of Mad Max, but I'm glad for all of those who like it.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #115 on: October 07, 2010, 07:31:55 »

I personally don't like the new metal horse armor, as I think it looks like something out of Mad Max, but I'm glad for all of those who like it.

Yes, they should have made it somewhat "rounder" imho.
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #116 on: October 07, 2010, 23:11:33 »
Yes. But i think what i refer to as light cavalry to different to what most people would think. Apart from all the knights in colourful gear i have about 60 of them ( the old single baron klicky, red hear and beard  with full armour , spears and a dog ) . This on horses with these hporse armour constiture my light calalry as they dont have the very long jousting spears but the shorter ones with the protective hand cover .

Unfortunately using a different definition to everyone else leads to misunderstanding.

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #117 on: October 09, 2010, 03:55:24 »

yes ok perhaps it's my idea i haven't get on my hands any of these i only judge from the pictures  :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: but don't worry nobody will take seriously what some member of some forum said so playmobil will have a bad name about it's plastick we just share opinions  ;)

:lol: I read your complaint a few days after ... It was only the light, appearently, that made they look a little different in that picture ...

-x-

This castle is a preeeety thing :inlove: I don't even care :P it doesn't have an actual house in it ...

Wait a minute there : it doesn't have a house in it! >:( .. :-\ :'(

(But all right it's pretty anyway! :P )
They're trying ...

Appearently the soldier has (in this set, as well as in #the_one_Gis_reviewed) to switch legs with the knight, so as the knight has the armour feet ... ::) (To what someone said "shouldn't they think about it? :hmm: )
Lets stick to the idea that they seem to be trying to conceal children & collectors (adults) with coherent toys 0)

Nevertheless, it looks better than all the more recent previous releases ...

:wave:

Gus
:blackhair:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 04:00:59 by Gustavo »
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #118 on: October 10, 2010, 08:48:39 »
Appearently the soldier has (in this set, as well as in #the_one_Gis_reviewed) to switch legs with the knight, so as the knight has the armour feet ... ::) (To what someone said "shouldn't they think about it? :hmm: )

Actually I switched the legs of the steward (thats what i came to call the klicky with the loose hair, to whom I also changed the hair and added a bullet helmet) with the knight's legs.... The result in the attachment  :)

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #119 on: October 10, 2010, 14:20:22 »
Actually I switched the legs of the steward (thats what i came to call the klicky with the loose hair, to whom I also changed the hair and added a bullet helmet) with the knight's legs.... The result in the attachment  :)

Looks good!

That's a good way to add some variety to the set.  I think children would love that (and wive's would not see a bunch of the same figures so they wouldn't question (as readily, maybe ...) why you need so many of the same ones).