Author Topic: 5898 Alaskan adventure SUV  (Read 10975 times)

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
Re: 5898 Alaskan adventure SUV
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2010, 04:36:36 »
Now it is a great set and for $20 it is a great value . It gives kids two vehicles, a tree and a large moose. I think this set  should sell like hotcakes and I really like the colors. Good job Playmobil. Now just get your outdoors-man to look right, paddle right, tie the boat correctly & most importantly give him a dog, it gets really lonely out there in the woods.

I agree with you 100%.  Especially about the dog.  I like your picture of the guy and his dog in the canoe.  It looks like the dog is holding the gun.  Smart dog!

I guess I'm going to Target this weekend, although I doubt it will be there.  The Targets in my area tend to get their Playmobil long after Targets everywhere else get them.
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2010, 05:35:51 »
I missed your comment about the rear compartment tray, yes it's grey not chrome as shown on the box.

That's blatant misrepresentation, and it'd teach Playmo if every single set was returned for a refund.  >:(

They could have done the whole tray in silver, but they went cheap.  >:(

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2010, 07:59:10 »
Thanks for a great review, Ras, of a very smart looking item.  I should imagine Bill will have ideas for it in his fire department before long.  The slip in rear tray is a neat idea, as is the new roll bar with the System-X connector - maybe a way to fit a warning light at some time?  I think the spare wheel when fitted projects too far from the body to look right, which is a shame as the means of fitting it is quite a good solution. 
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Coyote

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2010, 10:07:15 »
I got to get me to Target-  For this and the log cabin...  Such goodness!
  Peoples Republic of Maine  :D

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2010, 10:13:17 »
There is a nice part that came for securing the canoe to the rack. It is similar to the camera strap but in black. It has 2 ends that clip onto any thing a Klicky can hold. I believe this is the same one that came with the Egyptians but in a new color.

Would you let me have the part numbers for these please, Ras?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline highlandcattle

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2010, 11:10:51 »
Oh It is the hillbilly inbreed set  ;) That explains the funny looking hat.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2010, 14:26:17 »
Hi Gordon  :wave:

The rubber strap is 30 28 8760
   The clips are 30 29 3710

I do not know if you were wanting the stickers also but the # is 30 81 7932

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2010, 14:36:16 »
I missed your comment about the rear compartment tray, yes it's grey not chrome as shown on the box.

That's blatant misrepresentation, and it'd teach Playmo if every single set was returned for a refund.  >:(

They could have done the whole tray in silver, but they went cheap.  >:(

Hi Martin  :wave:

The last time Playmobil did this to us was with the 4670 Kings Knight. To me it really looked chrome and I was very excited about finally having some new shinny armor. I was very disappointed when I opened it and found out is was the normal gray/silver  :(

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2010, 14:41:30 »
The decals that came with it are pretty nice. I like the Alaskan license plate design. 

A little customization with the male figure by substituting with a brown hair piece, & scruffy face you would be able to have your very own Levi Johnston with SUV adventure set  :lol:! With a little more work, a bibbed overall female figure with brown hair & blue eye glasses, & a Sarah Palin add on could be done  :)9! The moose scene with rifles are already included with your awesome customization Ras, Well Done  :yippee:! Could there be a hunting accident between these figures in the near future using this new set  ????
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2010, 16:21:35 »
I like the whole scene except that Klicky has never paddled a canoe or tied one on top of a vehicle before

rasputin i noticed the same thing, this poor little klickie with his sky blue hat will never get out on the lake.  fortunately the fishing lodge klickies have proper canoe paddles (x2) that allow them to grip the paddle at the end with one hand and part way down the shaft with the other hand, and allow them to paddle and feather in the proper manner.  kaethe