Author Topic: Just treated myself to the 5302 Grande Mansion  (Read 10495 times)

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
Re: Just treated myself to the 5302 Grande Mansion
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2011, 22:36:12 »
hmm .... that's a very nice house!!!  if it's customized it could be excellent like emma's bistro it was very nice!!!!!!!

i hope in time they'll make more additional  extensions for this house ....  :-\
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline rogermobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 15:33:55 »
Hello, :wave:

I assembled the Grande Mansion last night. I wasn't going to put it together for a couple of days but when I was carrying the box upstairs, it seemed a bit light to me, far lighter than the 5300 and 5301, so I thought I'd better check it to see if anything was missing.

The plan was to assemble just one floor, but I ended up staying up until the wee small hours and finished the whole thing. I don't know if it's been reported here before, but the new mansion house is System X and doesn't seem as sturdy as the 5301 and certainly not as well made as the 5300. I am a little disappointed with it, but once I have the room sets in place I may change my mind. I'll do a full review as soon as I can, but it may not be for a couple of weeks, though I'll try and post some pics sooner than that.

I think I'll be getting another 5301 before the shops sell out as I do prefer the looks of it to the 5302. Shame about the colour though.  :sadklicky:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2011, 15:45:59 »
I don't remember any review of that house so please do it when you can. I can't wait to see it.
Im not sure I like it though, the shape is weird so I can't picture a diorama with this one in it. Someone please prove me wrong!  :lol:
I do like the 5301, color and all  :)
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2011, 16:00:58 »
It looks so charming  :love: It looks like you should have a lot of fun setting it up!
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2011, 18:32:29 »
I love your excuse for staying up all night putting it together. One of the best I've heard in years! :P I can't wait to see some pics of it. ;D
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2011, 18:49:58 »
Just ordered my 5302 from US DM! Was not on the website earlier today, so probably just arrived.  :love: :love: :love:

Very excited about the furniture, lighting and extra floor. And love the low price compared to other toys.

No way am I gonna wait 2 months to open this for my birthday!

Will have to see the colors when it arrives. Luckily hubby knows how to spray paint models because we have done a lot of PM lately.

PM DE: PLEASE GET RID OF THE (*&^^*()(^%^*()_O()_)(*^$#$%^&* RED ROOFS or at least give us a choice of colors. In most of our town, red roofs are not allowed! Tan, light gray, gray green, dark gray, blue gray, etc. make much better looking roofs.

Cheerio, Pgal :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2011, 18:57:01 »
Hm, you're right, it is available! :o I thought it wasn't coming out until August!  ;D ;D ;D There go our two weeks without playmo.... I hope! ;D
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2011, 20:12:24 »
Yup, there goes our vow not to buy, but I did remember to say that 5302 was exempt being a birthday present and all! :wave:

I did have a hint that it was arriving early. Placing an order with US DM last week, I moaned that 5302 was a long time in coming. And the PM clerk said that it might be in stock yesterday. So I checked each day, and sure enough it was there an hour ago!

I hope that PM somehow limits buyers to one 5302 per address and credit card, or dealers/stores will buy all of them up today and raise the price back up to $300. That makes me ill. Folks who just want to play with them should get the chance now at the PM price.

TTFN, Pgal :wave:

After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2011, 00:14:10 »
Dealers and stores are stupid to buy it that way rather than setting up a retail account, which means they get it wholesale. So I doubt that will be too much of a problem. There's always a limit on how many items you can get in an order. Some collectors may want more than one, so we wouldn't want them to restrict it too much!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2011, 02:37:22 »

I hope that PM somehow limits buyers to one 5302 per address and credit card

why? why do that?  ??? and after all pm wants to sell this is not to their advantage...  ;)

There's always a limit on how many items you can get in an order

what is the limit? why they have a limit?  ???
The spirits rule !!!!