Author Topic: 7379 Yellow House  (Read 5265 times)

Offline highlandcattle

• Playmo Lover
7379 Yellow House
« on: March 02, 2009, 17:29:31 »
So it was my birthday last week and I decided to give myself a little present. I had already bought it the day it was available from DS, so I'm a bit suprised that I was able to keep it closed  ;D .
 If you have one of these houses in another colour,you know what I'm talking about, they are lovely to look at and to put around your lay-out. The only complaint I have is that the roof parts are one big piece and not three piece like the houses from the eighties. Because of this you can not make a 1 unit wide house with black roof.

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
Re: 7379 Yellow House
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 17:37:39 »
I guess the willpower comes with maturity  :lol: :lol: Happy Birthday (you weren't on the calendar!) and a very nice building, interesting awning on the building next door by the way.

Is the yellow building a brewery? I see it is a favorite 'haunt' of several individuals!

Gepetto

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 18:28:32 »
So it was my birthday last week  The only complaint I have is that the roof parts are one big piece and not three piece like the houses from the eighties. Because of this you can not make a 1 unit wide house with black roof.

Happy Belated Birthday . I do not quite understand , is it diffrent from the Red or Blue house's ?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline highlandcattle

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 17:59:24 »
rasputin= (after checking PlaymoDB) No the red and the blue house have the same roof but the older ones have roof parts like this:http://playmodb.org/setpics/7409.jpg. So that you can make parts that are three wide of five wide. With the new piece you can only make buildings that are two or four wide. It dissapointed me a little.

Gepetto: It is a bar. The playmo mummie reminds me of the doctor who classic pyramids from mars. Which is awesome. They give me a creepy but also cool vibe!

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 21:15:39 »
The only complaint I have is that the roof parts are one big piece and not three piece like the houses from the eighties. Because of this you can not make a 1 unit wide house with black roof.

Uh, this is really strange ... why should Playmobil make a new mould with both peaces stuck together? There is no need to do so as the already existing ones fit quite well and are even more versatile ... really strange ...  :hmm: :eh?:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 21:33:47 »
Uh, this is really strange ... why should Playmobil make a new mould with both peaces stuck together? There is no need to do so as the already existing ones fit quite well and are even more versatile ... really strange ...  :hmm: :eh?:

The roof moulds changed some years ago.  Originally, the roof pieces were half the width of a wall and came in two types, one a solid roof with a hole for a dormer and the other a piece with a large hole for access to the interior of the house.  Now, each roof piece is the width of a wall, one style being solid with holes for two dormers and the other being almost all open.  Here are links to the new style:

http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-07-0720

http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-07-0710
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 22:23:50 »
Hm, have to check this out if this is the same with my red frame house which I bought not that long ago.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 12:28:55 »
Blast  :doh:! Now I want to start getting these houses! Will it never end? BTW, thanks for the excellent display of your new present  :wow:! I see that the friendly ghost has taken up residency @ the new real estate addition!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline highlandcattle

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 17:58:57 »
The ghosts always move to the newest house in town, nobody dares to object.

Better get those houses, they are so pretty. It will never end... >:D

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 20:21:27 »
I'm starting to long for the steck timber houses in the varying colors more than system X because they have more charactor, & personality than the stark white X items! Oh, be still my heart!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!