Author Topic: 2019 NYCC - Playmobil Toys (Toy News International)  (Read 2244 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Re: 2019 NYCC - Playmobil Toys (Toy News International)
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2019, 22:36:47 »
Thanks for links & pics!

So the Scooby Doo "ghost" armoured knight looks to come in lightblue?!  :-\  Or is it the lighting?
From the first catalogue pics it looked like he was in an anthracite metal colour...

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2019, 03:12:30 »
Thanks for the pics, bml87  :)

I had not realized those are large klickys. Thank the gods Back To The Future is not a must have. 

It's only the last pic that has the big klickys in it. The earlier pic with klickys dressed the same next to the car has the regular sized ones. You can see the difference on the red jacket which appears to have printed buttons on the normal one and moulded buttons on the larger size plus the hairline looks weird on the larger one - at least the Marty McFly one.

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2019, 06:36:35 »
Thanks for links & pics!

So the Scooby Doo "ghost" armoured knight looks to come in lightblue?!  :-\  Or is it the lighting?
From the first catalogue pics it looked like he was in an anthracite metal colour...

As I mentioned before, some of the parts, prints and heads aren’t the final versions compared to the pictures of the novelties catalogue. The Scooby Doo sets will be released in May 2020, so the sets and klickies are probably not in production yet. In some of the pictures you can clearly see that the prints are stickers and that some parts are printed by a 3D printer. In the case of the knight, which is called the Black Knight in the series I guess it’s either the light or the fact that this is the prototype of what the final version will look like as presented in the novelties catalogue. This is clearly dark-grey, almost black:

Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2019, 09:54:41 »
I am loving the idea of reporting from a Toy Fair as one feels like a journalist  :lens:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.