Author Topic: US DS PRICES?  (Read 3482 times)

Offline playmogirl

• Playmo Enthusiast
US DS PRICES?
« on: March 26, 2007, 15:34:14 »
How much does Direct Service charge for things?  I have a huge list, but wondering how much I should pare it down. For example, how much does a horse cost? I don't really NEED to order any horses, but there are some colors I would like to add to our collection. Does anyone know how much they charge for a horse?

Thanks so much,

Anne in the US

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: US DS PRICES?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 17:30:30 »
It can vary depending on what size the thing is. Klickys run about $2 to $2.50 I would expect a horse in the $1.75 to $2.50 range. At this point they probably only have newer style horses. If there are any old style left they will be the common plain colors white, black, etc.
Small pieces like cuffs run about .15 to 25

Since you aren't sure about pricing or what they will have I would recommend you make three lists. One of the things you have to have, one of the things you want, and one of the things you sort of want. Then when you place the order start with the most wanted list, get a subtotal when you come to the end of it and then judge from there how much farther to go.

Offline playmogirl

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 02:16:11 »
Great, thanks, I'll make the lists as you suggested. Do they mind long phone orders?

Anne

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 03:35:55 »
They are used to them. The woman there (Lyndsay?) is always very nice. It's always the same one, I guess she's been there for over a decade.
You will want to have the part number for each, that's how she looks them up for the order to see if they're in stock.
You give the number, she says it's either
in stock - and the price
out of stock - means they may get more in later
discontinued - means they wont have the part again

Out of stock is worth a try again in a few months, discontinued means off to eBay.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 15:07:36 »
I think my lists would be much, much shorter if I had to give the part numbers over the phone. ;D

My last order had almost 150 individual numbers on it. 8}

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 18:15:05 »
Also if you are interested in them - you might ask if they have Parts Play Packages just now. If you haven't seen them before they are a box (maybe 4x8x12?) filled up with random Playmo. At first when they did them they were all discontinued parts they were clearing out. The last ones I got were half recently discontinued parts and half current things. It is very random. You have to pay for the Play Package and shipping for it as a seperate transaction, but you place the order with the parts department rather than the main orders number.

Offline playmogirl

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 19:43:58 »
cool! I didn't know they sold parts like that! I love getting lots of parts on ebay, though lately they have been going way too high.

in fact there is a hat lot on now, with what looks like a rare hat, maybe someone here will want it. (no I am not the seller LOL!)

I hope to place my first order this week!

Anne

Offline seawarrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 22:55:39 »
How much do the Parts play Packages cost?
 I'm very keen on trying this,does it come with
good parts? Where did you find out about this?

Thanks,
                seawarrior
Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings!

Offline seawarrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 15:33:53 »
Hi, :wave:

I tried to order one today,but they were out of stock  :'(
they said to try again next month.
Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 19:01:41 »
The prices have moved around a bit as they go in and out of stock. They usually have them in summer when the staff there is less busy and has time to put boxes together. My guess is that they are only now getting caught up with the after Christmas rush.