Author Topic: ship 3750 question  (Read 5719 times)

Offline playmogirl

• Playmo Enthusiast
ship 3750 question
« on: March 21, 2007, 16:49:32 »
Hi, I just got a 3750 ship!  very nice condition though the bowsprit is broken, which I didn't realize when I got it. I think I can get it through Direct Service if I order the one for the 5736, they look like the same thing. Also have to get a flag pole for it.  I have never ordered from DS before but am compiling a list!

My question regards the long rope that goes from the bowsprit to the back of the ship. Is it supposed to tie off on that rear part where there are 3 holes, or is there a part that should attach to the end of that rope?  I have to do something or my kids will take it all apart, like they did to the red corsair a couple years ago.  So does anyone know how that rope should be affixed?

Thanks,

Anne in the US

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: ship 3750 question
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 16:58:39 »
If you let me have your email I can send you the 3750 building plans.

The parts from the 5736 should be the same.  Certainly in the UK if you add 0 (zero) to the part numbers on the 3750 plans you can still get the parts.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmogirl

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 19:40:47 »
Thanks! I sent you my email. We just put together the Skull ship, which is 5778 and seems to be pretty much the same ship as 3750. So I do have those part numbers and can more easily see what I need now!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 19:48:27 »
Ok, but do the plans with the Skull ship answer your question on the rigging?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 20:10:10 »
The rope is fixed like this:

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 20:11:03 »
So two seperate ropes

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 20:18:44 »
So two seperate ropes

So I've rigged mine wrong! :'(

Offline playmogirl

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 20:34:33 »
excellent info, thanks. the skull ship does not have that rope!

the one that came on my 3750 is extremely long. it seems like the original. i probably shouldn't cut it. i do need more string, to secure the bottom corners of the sail. i believe i will try embroidery floss and see how it looks.

Anne

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 20:44:55 »

...  do need more string, to secure the bottom corners of the sail. i believe i will try embroidery floss and see how it looks.

Anne

Hello, Anne ...

I have found that the best "string" to use for the ship lines is twisted nylon. Since you live in the States, you should be able to easily find the proper scale for your ship's rigging in most hobby stores. (Just remember that you don't CUT it to length. You BURN it with a candle or match.)

If you any questions, please ask.

Have fun.

All the best,
Richard

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 02:34:03 »
Just a small remark:
The colour of the bow-sprite of pirateship 3750 (and the earlier versions) is the same lightbrown as in set 5736, and it can also be found in the new Superset 4136 (though in that one it seems to be shaped a very, very little bit thinner).
The colour of the bow-sprite (and the masts) in set 5778 is more orangish.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!