Author Topic: Has anyone got this Nativity set 3921?  (Read 2445 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Has anyone got this Nativity set 3921?
« on: June 18, 2016, 09:52:06 »
3921 - Nativity
This was recently added to PlaymoDB I believe. It's a sort of combination of Nativity and Pirates Prison Tower. It was included in Collectobil (which has not been updated for several years),  but I cannot find any other reference to it.
3921 was also used for a 1986 set "Fireman and Mounted Police Officer" (p551 of Collector 3rd edition, not in PlaymoDB).

I find it interesting how often sets crop up which are not mentioned even in authoritative sources like Collector. Some of them are no doubt editions limited to export markets or particular partners, but Collectobil makes no mention of such limitations.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
Re: Has anyone got this Nativity set 3921?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 12:42:25 »
I always thought that the pictures of that one were from a custom and not an actual set. Though I do like it
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 16:02:20 »
Hi GrahamB & leefert!

I believe that you are correct, leefert, in saying this was a custom set:  Collectobil's SystemX Construction of the Month: Merry Christmas   from December 2002.  It is a mystery, though, where that box cover photo comes from - I couldn't find it anywhere on the actual Collectobil site although it appears on Playmodb as a link to Collectobil.  It seems that Bart and his son made this custom nativity display, so maybe Bart created a fake set page just for fun.   :)
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 01:30:28 »
Yeah the box cover looks fake, see how the sheep overlap the blue border. Never happens on real sets.

I notice they seem to perpetuate the "Islamic crescent" error!

Great set, I love to see customs like this.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 10:33:32 »
 :lol:
That clears that one up, then! It's a fake and so is the Collectobil page. Never mind.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 11:17:12 »
Deleted. Not fair! Thanks for detective work, Graham et al.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!