Author Topic: 6697: Reverse Side of Take Along Black Baron's Castle  (Read 3871 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: 6697: Reverse Side of Take Along Black Baron's Castle
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2016, 13:13:22 »
Hm, I may have to consider getting this set, I'm surprised how much room it has. I like having take-alongs for the kids I tutor so it's easier to clean up when they leave. Thanks for all the pictures!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2016, 13:22:15 »
Excellent pictures! Thanks for taking all of those.

And sorry about the cryptic explanations of old and new arms and vambrace pieces! And nice explanations, cheng! ;)

Even though I'm a medieval historian, & do re-enactment, including archery, I was unfamiliar with the word vambrace. Thanks for turning me on to a new bit of knowledge!

Sure thing. ;) These pieces are probably more commonly called bracers though. tahra and I have discussed this a bit before. :lol:

judging from your photos I would say the length of these new vambraces are the same as those old arm guards......and probably a tight fit...

Yes, I agree. They look good in that regard, but - looking at JLMatterer's close-up pictures - it does seem like the new ones don't have quite as defined of a mould as the classic ones.
~Pynedor~

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2016, 15:56:00 »
These pieces are probably more commonly called bracers though. tahra and I have discussed this a bit before. :lol:

Yes :)

Looking forward to getting these as well.. We NEED more wear-variety for those silly arms....

(if they liked money, they'd sell packs of 50 or so... Sigh.)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2016, 18:27:28 »
(if they liked money, they'd sell packs of 50 or so... Sigh.)

And they're always out of stock when ordering from Spare Parts too (both the classic ones and arm wear for the wise-wrists). :( Arms and arm guards are always the bottleneck I have when trying to put together more figures.
~Pynedor~