Author Topic: Disassembling 2CV, 70640  (Read 1256 times)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
Re: Disassembling 2CV, 70640
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2024, 06:41:02 »
 :(o): :(o): :(o): :(o):
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:
:paddy:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2024, 08:10:37 »
Wow!

Amazing work :love:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2024, 13:39:45 »
Excellent work, GrahamB!
~Pynedor~

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2024, 10:09:20 »
Thanks for your comments!

Best thing is that it still smells of fresh paint!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Riccardo

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2024, 15:39:04 »
That is a great looking job. Do you have any pictures of the process? Curious as to how you take it all apart and also as to how you get a new paint to stay on without smudging off.

Btw, love the "original" 2CV, such lovely cars. Has a Renault R4 which was not too dissimilar in spirit / concept from a 2CV. A good friend had a Dyane too.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2024, 14:17:25 »
Great looking paint job, you painted the inside as well which really makes it look sharp . Just curious if you lightly sanded the body so the paint sticks ?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2024, 08:52:50 »
No, I didn't sand it, neither did I use a primer, so perhaps the paint will peel in a few years time!  :(

Sadly, I didn't take pictures of the disassembly process Riccardo. I used a fairly fast-drying spray paint, so smudging was not an issue. I did use masking tape to cover some areas, like the door handles and name panels on the rear lid, which was very fiddly, but worked well.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)