Author Topic: White door handles for 5300  (Read 2229 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
White door handles for 5300
« on: November 09, 2012, 16:59:22 »
Success! I have twice ordered replacement white door handles 30 60 8390 from Playmobil UK, reasoning that as they are components of the later 5302 Grand Mansion (still being sold by DS), they should be available as spare parts, rather than having to pay those silly ebay prices (£4.99 each for example). After twice telling me this part was not available, Caroline Hayward at Playmobil UK came back with the alternative 30 60 1992 which PlaymoDB has as "Türklinke innen/außen" waiting to be assigned to a category. Hope this info. is useful to others.

I also insisted that clothes pegs 30 51 1010 must be available as they are part of set 7777 (still available) and got them added to my order on the third try.

So in both cases it was well worth insisting that a part deemed 'no longer available' actually is available. By cross-referencing recent sets containing a given part with Playmobil DS you can tell what parts they might still stock.

Mind you, I haven't received the clothes pegs or door handles yet!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: White door handles for 5300
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 18:32:46 »
Mind you, I haven't received the clothes pegs or door handles yet!

Exactly, I do not even count any more how many times I get stuff on the list and confirmation but when the package arrives I cry, well OK I do not really cry but I want to  :lol:

I do think though that you may be luckier than us in the US, our parts department is......how do you say it nicely.....has room for improvement  ;)

Thanks for the tips as I too need a few door handles and refuse to pay scalping prices, I have seen them for asking prices of up to $19.99  >:(
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 18:50:32 »
sure they avaible as spare parts.. who said otherwise?

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 18:58:56 »
http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-60-8390  same.. as far i emember they around 80/90 pence

but i might be diffult atm as they sold out.. they getting produced new soon
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 19:10:35 by mike1003 »

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 19:18:07 »
those pegs, when u get ur order can u please let me know the new number for it?

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 22:22:45 »
sure they avaible as spare parts.. who said otherwise?
Playmobil UK parts order service said 'not available' on 2 previous occasions, then when I pressed them, they came up with an alternative (different number, not in the PlaymoDB inventory for any set). So I think this part number is useful!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 22:45:43 »
On recent orders, I have been told that a part is no longer available when I know that it is part of another current set.  So knowing another number for an item is a very good thing.  Thanks so much for the information. 
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 01:15:38 »
Even though a part is in a current set doesn't mean it is necessarily available from DS, the DS supply may not yet be in the racks and ready to sell.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 01:45:23 »
Even though a part is in a current set doesn't mean it is necessarily available from DS, the DS supply may not yet be in the racks and ready to sell.
I stand corrected.   :-[
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 09:04:19 »
that right, as i wrote yesterday.. u can see spare parts on the german website.. not all but the most freuqent one.. it says out of stock.. but it will be back.. otherwise it wouldnt be listed ..

http://www.playmobil.de/on/demandware.store/Sites-DE-Site/de_DE/Product-Spareparts?pid=5302&cgid=SP_Puppenhaus