Author Topic: wooden cargo pallet  (Read 1444 times)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
wooden cargo pallet
« on: October 31, 2012, 08:46:54 »
anyone has one? I think there's no empty slits between the planks (just deep lines indicate the pieces of planks nailed together) If there's slits, please take a photo for me ;)
....and will it stand quite steadily on the side without leaning? (thinking of using it as defences for samurai musket men)

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
Re: wooden cargo pallet
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 13:59:40 »
Hello Cheng!

This photo from Collectobil may help to answer your question: set 4474.  It appears to be a solid piece but an actual visual inspection of the piece would still be useful.  I think I have this set (4474 or a similar DS purchase) somewhere in storage.  I will try to find it to be sure about the piece.

Meanwhile, your question has raised an interesting mystery:  In the photo you have provided, the part number is 30 28 0900 but on Playmodb, the same part is shown as 30 25 4170 (see 4474 - Pallet Jack with Crate .  Both photos seem to be from actual Playmobil building plans so this is an intriguing puzzle!    :)

U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 14:52:57 »
The old ones from the construction theme (they are yellow) have slits for sure!.
I don't remember about the new ones but I think they do too. I have a couple at home, I can check tonight cheng.  :)
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 14:56:25 »
thanks Indiana!
yes, I still hope to see a clearer photo to see the gaps, if light shows through ;)
and then whether they are stable when put on their sides (as defences)

I thought one number is for the brown pallet and the other number is for the tan pallet...I've neither set so relying solely on the pictures in playmoDb....(thanks again Heather ;) )

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 14:58:25 »
thanks too tonguello!
sound hopeful...I'm sure the yellow too comes from the same mould! ;)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 15:08:26 »
they are NOT identical as I remember.
the yellow ones are a little bigger and made of thicker plastic. anyway, tonight I can takes pics of both.  :)
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 16:09:56 »

I thought one number is for the brown pallet and the other number is for the tan pallet...I've neither set so relying solely on the pictures in playmoDb....(thanks again Heather ;) )

Of course! :doh:  That explains the different part numbers. 
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 18:11:50 »
I was about to step in with my photographical timeline and history of colours and designs but I see you have almost got there ;)

Damo :)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 01:29:59 »
They have the same size.
You can see the differences in the pics. Other than those they are just the same.
They stand pretty easily.
I hope these help.  :wave:

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 07:45:47 »
thanks anyway Damo/flatcat!
and Indiana, it was a good discussion too ;)

and tonguello,
your photos are loud and clear and I have no more doubts nor question for you experts ;D

while the good news is the the gaps are nice and wide enough (well, at least wide enough for rifles while samurai aquebusiers will still have to shoot from the sides/edges
BUT the bad news, (clearly shown on your photos) while they stand well, the 'planks' are too perfect...maybe they are supposed to be real reusable PVC/moulded pallets and not those rough wooden pallets i hoped to use to simulate defences for samurai arquebusiers :'(