Author Topic: GrahamB’s collection  (Read 2171 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: GrahamB’s collection
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2024, 09:31:14 »
A very unusual and a very nice set, Graham, lucky you!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2024, 00:58:21 »
It's a great set. I have the structure but it didn't have the klickies or accessories with it. They need to release a Steck system Safari Animal Hospital set using the end wall with the double doors mold and some of the other interesting parts, plus the freight station understructure. Link it to Wiltopia maybe.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2024, 23:50:55 »
Now its white Steck and white toasts!

Those parts look very nice! :)
~Pynedor~

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2024, 19:10:06 »
Circus truck 3129

PlaymoDB calls this set “Circus Truck And Lion Trailer,” stating it was first released in 1980, has 2 figures, but no parts are inventoried and there is no set picture. Of the 76 Circus sets listed in PlaymoDB, only three have no picture.

Collector describes it as an Exclusive set, issued in 1980 and rates it as ‘absolutely rare.’ Collector does have a picture of the set box, which I used to identify the set contents.

I bought this from a German seller. Its in lovely condition. I had to find the grey ramp and steps for the lions’ trailer, the two lions, the two keepers and their red accessories, a green push-broom and handbrush and a red bucket. Luckily I had most of these, even the bucket!

The truck is similar to the Police truck in set 3223, perhaps a brighter green colour and with different stickers.

The trailer is similar to set 3514, though this one has a green truck with a red roof, rather than blue and red.

At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2024, 17:58:47 »
Two more circus sets. Again, neither has a picture in PlaymoDB.
3529 from 1986, a small set with 3 klickies and 18 accessories, many resembling those in set 3512.

I based the set contents on a picture of the set box at klickypedia
(Set 3529 possibly did not have a sticker on the seat of the chair).

The acrobats can perform various stunts using the blue parts and the chair:

And set 3194x, an Orange Circus from 1979, similar in many ways to the Circus Arena set 3553 and the Circus Arena Blue set 3510. 3194x is called ‘Red Circus’ in PlaymoDB, but has no picture nor details of contents. It has 105 pieces, not including 27 stickers.

There is a bandstand with bell (I forgot to add a string to pull to ring the bell);

The band have green suits with yellow trim. Their instruments include a trumpet, bass drum with cymbals (badum-tish), a string bass and a violin. Their desks are yellow. There is a baton for the conductor.

The billboard shows the acts included in the circus:
5 Klickanis, Los Mexicos, Fraulein Amanda, Peppino & Co., Red Devils.

The ring can be set up with fences, lions (3 males) and a trainer,

Another act has four black horses with red plumes,

All the parts laid out:

« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 10:02:35 by GrahamB »
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2024, 20:54:06 »
The orange set is really rare I think. It looks great, and yours is in beautiful condition. The old acrobat acts are great, and I think that may be the only circus horse act with black horses, they are usually white. Thanks for sharing these great photos