Author Topic: 2014 Playmo-Convention for the 40th Anniversary?  (Read 3747 times)

Offline Olki

• Playmo Enthusiast
    • olkgod
2014 Playmo-Convention for the 40th Anniversary?
« on: July 18, 2012, 00:24:53 »

Sorry for me posting in German, but this text is going to be published in all the forums I am registered in:

Warum unbedingt Paris?? Nette Idee, aber können wir sowas nicht auch selber auf die Beine stellen??? Wohlmöglich gar in Zirndorf oder Umgebung (würde sich ja anbieten)?? Vielleicht in Fürth? Hat mir damals, 2006, ganz gut gefallen. Ist auf jedenfall gastronomisch und übernachtungstechnisch gut erschlossen und hat doch sicherlich auch einige Convention-konforme Hallen anzubieten. Was macht eigentlich Geobra zum Jubiläum?? Können wir Hilfe/Unterstützung erwarten?? Sollen wir es wagen?? Ein Schulterschluss der deutschen, ach was red´ich, aller Playmobilforen für eine gemeinsame Convention in Franken zum Geburtstag unseres Lieblingsspielzeugs??
2 Jahre Zeit für Planung und Durchführung sollten doch eigentlich reichen!
Ich dachte auf jeden Fall an eine Ausstellung mit Börse am Wochenende mit Customizing-Workshops und einer zünftigen Convention-Party als Highlight und  vor der Ausstellung ein Rahmenprogramm (gemeinsamer Besuch eines Fussballspiels von Fürth oder Nürnberg[eventuell Mittwochsspiel, oder so]/Museumstour durch Nürnberg/Besichtigung der Altstadt und der Burg/Brauereibesichtigung in Zirndorf/Fabriktour Playmobil/Funparkbesuch/Sauf- und Grillabend/Meet and Greet/Diskussionsrunde mit Herrn Brandstädter und Frau Schauer [ :kicher ]/Golfen/Pflanzkübelkaufen/DS plündern/etc). So als Grundgerüst doch schonmal brauchbar, oder??

Jetzt bitte hier und andernorts kräftig drüber diskutiert, bitte...

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: 2014 Playmo-Convention for the 40th Anniversary?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 01:12:41 »
Sounds like an interesting idea to me. :)
~Pynedor~

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 02:18:32 »
Could someone please translate this into English? The google translation makes absolutely no sense. 
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 10:07:10 »
Here is my best, quick, rough translation for you... I hope this is useful until someone better gets around to fixing it  :lol:

"Why does it have to be Paris? It is a nice idea but feels lacking. Would not Zirndorf or even Furth be more fitting? I went in 2006 and it went well. There are plenty of accommodations and eateries, surely there are convention ready halls there. What is it that makes a Geobra anniversary? Will we get, or should we expect help (from the company)? A gathering of German, and all fans, in Franconia for a convention celebrating the birth of our favorite toy? There are two years to plan, so it could be amazing! I believe that an exhibition of stock, along with customization displays and workshops topped off with a mixer/party should be the highlight of the event. Additional activities on the program could include a soccer (Wednesday perhaps?) game of either Furth or Nuremberg/ a museum tour in Nuremberg/ a visit to the old town and castle/ brewery in Zirndorf/ factory tour and Playmobil Funpark/ BBQ/ Meet and Greet (I assume this means with Playmobil staff)/ Q&A with Mr. Brandstadter and Ms Schauer (gifts, golf, planters, DS and other topics) This is just a basic framework but could be useful. Please discuss it here openly."
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 11:09:54 by Baron Marshall »
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 10:39:10 »
Here is my best, quick, rough translation for you... I hope this is useful until someone better gets around to fixing it  :lol:

(...)

Thank you Baron Marshall...

It should be awesome. I'd love a group visit to Zirndorf. If they were an english speaking country, I'd probably had ventured by myself since my playmoreturn.. Like this.. I need company. :(  (actually, for me 2014 is too far!)

Have no idea why they say "gathering of German and all fans in Franconia" - how about the rest of the world?  Anyways, indeed, the only logical place to do such a thing is Zirndorf, IMO.

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 11:08:25 »
I guess maybe I should have put a comma there... German and all fans, in Franconia... as opposed to German fans and fans in Franconia as I suppose one could read it  :lol:

It think that works... edited original... but it looks funny with the comma there... hmm... edited again... 2 commas looks better
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 12:23:09 »
Thank you for the translation, Baron!

I wish i thought this was something I could be in on, but I doubt it seriously. Still, it sounds like it could be a really exciting event. And I agree, it should be Zirndorf, right in the center of  the action. ;)
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Olki

• Playmo Enthusiast
    • olkgod
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 13:12:28 »
Thank you, Baron, for translating my text. It was very late yesterday, when I had that idea, so I wasn't able to translate it properly.
I hope for as many international Playmofans to come as possible, because the more international fans gather it is more difficult for Geobra to ignore and they have to support it... ;D

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 14:43:49 »
Wait... we are still waiting an asnwer on the Collector's Club!
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway... It will be great at least to see what you guys and Geobra can do together to celebrate Playmobil's 40th anniversary! I'll be there if I can.

Zirndorf should be the place of course!
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 19:18:05 »
I was told by Geobra earlier this year that they're planning several things for the 2014-Jubileum, amongst them a big Museum-Exhibiton in Speyer (Germany).
But an additional big collectors-event organised by the fans would be awesome.  :) As birthplace of Playmo, Germany should hold one if the guys in France do.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!