Author Topic: Quick Review of 5840 & 5836  (Read 12668 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Quick Review of 5840 & 5836
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2008, 23:59:38 »
If voting with your dollars , than this will happen again and soon . The set is selling & people want it. Target has a target price to appease its customers who are edging to Walmart in the recession, so the Target is cheep ( pun intended ) . This is one of the down sides to Big Box Business or Bigger Better Deal . If you think this set is bad just wait till Walmart tells playmobil how to do it  :'(

If everybody returned it to the stores and said it was poor quality than playmobil will have to listen . Hurt the set in the ? ( dragons do not have pockets or pouches ) so for lack of a better word - $$$

I for one an writing Playmobil a letter, and to ask the "Made in Europe" be taken down off the web site
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2008, 02:46:22 »
I for one an writing Playmobil a letter, and to ask the "Made in Europe" be taken down off the web site

well spotted ...
I hadn't thought of that.

You're right.
Otherwise, they're deceiving the customer ...

They can argument that it is "from European origin" (in concept, &c.), though.

But we all know that it'd be very poor argumentation.

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2008, 06:13:31 »

The "Made in China" may well just mean that the items are assembled and made up into sets and packed there.  The 4180 firefighter carry case is made in Czechoslovakia according to the outer wrapper, but the Czech plant is only an assembly one.  As regards China, this is what the US Playmobl site says:

"Only a few parts, less than 5 percent of the complete range of toys, are sourced from high-quality, long-term Chinese production partners. PLAYMOBIL sources these components because of the substantial amount of hand labor they require", which again suggests assembly and packaging, not actual production of parts.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline macgayver

• MrPainterElf
  • Playmo Addict
  • www.macgayverplaymobil.be
    • Macgayverplaymobil
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2008, 06:56:03 »
am confused

here they say the sets come from Malta

http://www.playmo-convention.de/board/viewtopic.php?t=2845&highlight=

so is only the Dragon made in china ?

in germany they also have trouble with the wings coming of the dragon

One picture say's more then a thousand words ;)

Offline Jahme88

• Klicky Hick
  • Playmo Enthusiast
    • My Myspace Page
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2008, 04:55:20 »
am confused

Macgayver,

Yessir....the dragon set 5840 is the only one of the new Target assortment to have the label "Made In China".

I like him.....I do, he's cute.  But, he is not functional for play.  Ours has broken wings. :'(

Perhaps we just need to open up a "Dragon Wing" surgical unit at the hospital?  After he first boards the Alien Time Machine transporter for beaming into 'modern klicky time', of course.  ;D

------------
Jamie Jo

"Peace, Love and Little Plastic People"

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2008, 10:05:02 »
If voting with your dollars , than this will happen again and soon . The set is selling & people want it. Target has a target price to appease its customers who are edging to Walmart in the recession, so the Target is cheep ( pun intended ) . This is one of the down sides to Big Box Business or Bigger Better Deal . If you think this set is bad just wait till Walmart tells playmobil how to do it  :'(

If everybody returned it to the stores and said it was poor quality than playmobil will have to listen . Hurt the set in the ? ( dragons do not have pockets or pouches ) so for lack of a better word - $$$

Hi Ras

I agree with your sentiments.  When I said Target sells "dirt cheap" I was making an impartial assessment.

Playmobil's pricing policy is inconsistent.

They impose minimum pricing on their web vendors (which incidently isn't anti-trust violation.  The Monday Aug 18 Wall Street Journal ran a cover story on the practice, though Playmobil wasn't mentioned.  The practice is growing increasingly common).

Yet support bargain-basement prices at Target.

(Presumably the web pricing mandate is to cut down on competition to their own website--rather than to protect their image, but the strategy is inconsistent all the same).

I think the new Dragon set should have retailed at $35 with better quality, and PM should have ditched the scaled-down arena.  An arena already exists.  If they want people to buy that, tease them with more Roman sets so that their kids beg for the big arena for Christmas.  Don't give them a compromise whereby the lose all interest in buying that "dream set". 

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2008, 11:23:35 »
am confused

I can't view your like macguyver, but it doesn't appear to be an official Playmobil site, so it'd only be second-hand news which can be inaccurate.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2008, 11:36:44 »
The "Made in China" may well just mean that the items are assembled and made up into sets and packed there.  The 4180 firefighter carry case is made in Czechoslovakia according to the outer wrapper, but the Czech plant is only an assembly one.  As regards China, this is what the US Playmobl site says:

"Only a few parts, less than 5 percent of the complete range of toys, are sourced from high-quality, long-term Chinese production partners. PLAYMOBIL sources these components because of the substantial amount of hand labor they require", which again suggests assembly and packaging, not actual production of parts.

Interestingly the Playmobil UK site says only 2% of Playmobil is manufactured outisde Europe.

Do we all accept that the Dragon wings are the problem, and are not up to standard? Should we as a group write to Playmobil to ask where the wings were made, and if they will replace faulty wings?

It's only one part in one set that is causing the problem, but Playmobil should still be concerned enough to respond.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2008, 11:51:58 »
Interestingly the Playmobil UK site says only 2% of Playmobil is manufactured outisde Europe.

Do we all accept that the Dragon wings are the problem, and are not up to standard? Should we as a group write to Playmobil to ask where the wings were made, and if they will replace faulty wings?

It's only one part in one set that is causing the problem, but Playmobil should still be concerned enough to respond.

I think your suggestion is spot-on, Martin.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline macgayver

• MrPainterElf
  • Playmo Addict
  • www.macgayverplaymobil.be
    • Macgayverplaymobil
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2008, 12:46:40 »

Macgayver,

Yessir....the dragon set 5840 is the only one of the new Target assortment to have the label "Made In China".

I like him.....I do, he's cute.  But, he is not functional for play.  Ours has broken wings. :'(

Perhaps we just need to open up a "Dragon Wing" surgical unit at the hospital?  After he first boards the Alien Time Machine transporter for beaming into 'modern klicky time', of course.  ;D

Lol

How are the dragonwings connected ?

is it the same system like the previous dragon ?

@ Martin , the link is from the German Forum , so kinda trustfull regarding info

I must admit the not talking about the dragon in the threath

The more people who send a complaining mail to playmo the better
that's how you'll bring it under their attention
and that's how , maybe maybe , they might considder a solution

and I repeat , maybe

One picture say's more then a thousand words ;)