Author Topic: A few things I would come up with were I Playmobil...  (Read 2099 times)

Offline Theresse

• Playmo Enthusiast
A few things I would come up with were I Playmobil...
« on: November 27, 2011, 22:01:52 »
These come to mind recently:

- a way to add doors to the 8666 castle's drawbridge (not removing the drawbridge).  The red and black striped doors from one of those other older castles didn't work WITH the drawbridge, when I tried attaching it.  Or there was an issue with being able to add walls, if it did attach (can't remember which as it's been years).

- I wish they'd make more water options, like a river or stream for a medieval landscape (e.g. nestled in the playmotrees).  The African Wildlife theme sandpost or waterhole are almost there but the tan colors weren't as appropriate for medieval settings as green would be (still could be used I suppose).  I also wish they'd come up with a 3666 moat or even just a basic or customizable moat that would go well with any castle fronts.

- a way to add lighting to castles as they've done with the modern house/s.  Only the lights should flicker. ;)  We've semi-solved this by using those little mini battery-operated tea lights but it would look nicer if they were in the proper shapes.

- a medieval candelabra that would fit in any castle (including 3666) - with or without real lighting.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: A few things I would come up with were I Playmobil...
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 00:30:00 »
I would love to see that African river but in green instead of sand. They could re-use those same molds, and it would be so versatile. Very good idea!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Theresse

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 03:17:08 »
Thanks Bonniebeth!  :)

I would love to see that African river but in green instead of sand. They could re-use those same molds, and it would be so versatile. Very good idea!

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 11:50:40 »
technically you can put the doors on and still use the drawbridge... BUT they wont look right... and I agree it is a total pain that the doors are not centered on the drawbridge and you have the gate sticking out really far in front of the castle by the time you are done... if they have made the drawbridge piece 4 sections wide instead of 3 it would have been SO much easier to use...  :lol:
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline happyhooks

• Playmo Enthusiast
    • The adventures of Lady Grantham
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 12:10:52 »
I would LOVE to see a set of fully customisable Playmos be released!
Options to change their clothes, accessories to match e.g shoes, coats, jewelry etc.
I can imagine picking from a line of several 'nakie' Playmobils and then purchasing add-ons to suit their look or mood.
Too often Lady Grantham wants to wear something completley different but the lack of choice lowers our mood somewhat lol!!!
A lady can never have too many outfits!!!
Best wishes
Issyx
 [1]: http://hookytime.blogspot.com/[/url]

Offline Theresse

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 21:39:55 »

So not fair!  :-\

technically you can put the doors on and still use the drawbridge... BUT they wont look right... and I agree it is a total pain that the doors are not centered on the drawbridge and you have the gate sticking out really far in front of the castle by the time you are done... if they have made the drawbridge piece 4 sections wide instead of 3 it would have been SO much easier to use...  :lol:

Offline Theresse

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 21:41:27 »
Oh yeah - I could see that being a hit!

I would LOVE to see a set of fully customisable Playmos be released!
Options to change their clothes, accessories to match e.g shoes, coats, jewelry etc.
I can imagine picking from a line of several 'nakie' Playmobils and then purchasing add-ons to suit their look or mood.
Too often Lady Grantham wants to wear something completley different but the lack of choice lowers our mood somewhat lol!!!
A lady can never have too many outfits!!!
Best wishes
Issyx
 [1]: http://hookytime.blogspot.com/[/url]

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 21:59:02 »
Some great ideas Theresse!
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda