Author Topic: 6464 Robber's Feast  (Read 7289 times)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
Re: 6464 Robber's Feast
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2015, 20:57:44 »
Yeah I just want the tree and the monk too.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2015, 21:14:18 »
Great, thanks so much for the details on the animals! SO they are in fact the old squirrel mold, interesting, but the chicks are the newer ones. Great to know, I can get this added to Animobil now.

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2015, 20:36:56 »
Great review, thanks for sharing! This happens to be one of my most anticipated DS releases of the year.
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2015, 21:28:30 »
Nice set it's got loads of parts I like the choice of Klickies particularly the Monk and Knight on horseback and all the beer overflowing the tankards. I've got the archer you invited with the eyepatch and ponytail he's a great figure as well  :) 

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2015, 13:28:04 »
Thanks for posting!  Now hopefully DS will have some of that Oak Tree available (I'd hate to have to buy a bunch of the set when I really just want the tree).
The parts of the Oak tree have been available from DS in Europe for quite a while. At current prices, an Oak tree would cost you £13.35 (11 parts from DS), which is 18,45 Euro or $20.77 US. The 6464 set is selling at 39,99 Euro ($45.03 US, £28.94), so you could get just over two trees for the price of one set (assuming DS can provide the parts, of course!). Which just goes to show how much of a mark-up Geobra are making on DS spares!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2015, 21:02:08 »
The parts of the Oak tree have been available from DS in Europe for quite a while. At current prices, an Oak tree would cost you £13.35 (11 parts from DS), which is 18,45 Euro or $20.77 US. The 6464 set is selling at 39,99 Euro ($45.03 US, £28.94), so you could get just over two trees for the price of one set (assuming DS can provide the parts, of course!). Which just goes to show how much of a mark-up Geobra are making on DS spares!

At those prices, if you just want the tree, it might be worth buying full sets and then selling figure lots on Ebay. I bet there are people who want the figures and don't care about the tree.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2015, 07:31:32 »
While I certainly like the tree I mainly want the set for those great medieval clickies and the beer mugs with foam. Will still be a nice tree to have though for variation.  :)

Just hoping they will rerelease the set with the hollow tree sometimes too.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2015, 14:56:56 »
At those prices, if you just want the tree, it might be worth buying full sets and then selling figure lots on Ebay. I bet there are people who want the figures and don't care about the tree.

I agree, especially as the figures do not appear to be available from DS.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2015, 15:06:49 »
Just hoping they will rerelease the set with the hollow tree sometimes too.

Absolutely, I really want a couple of those and they are getting ridiculously expensive on eBay if you can find them at all.

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2015, 16:40:28 »

Good point.  Several people on here would probably be willing to buy or trade for the mugs and barrel too.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)