Author Topic: Testing linking to photobucket  (Read 6693 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Testing linking to photobucket
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2010, 13:10:50 »
Now this:

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2010, 13:11:47 »
Now a repeat of an earlier one which was too big:

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2010, 13:12:22 »
And that one again:

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2010, 13:12:30 »
Great photo with the tree and sheep Gordon : that size looks OK to me.   :clap:

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2010, 13:14:56 »
Great photo with the tree and sheep Gordon : that size looks OK to me.   :clap:

Elaine

Thank you, Elaine.

Now that one is 160kb and the one of them in front of the glass of orange juice is 145kb!

Well those are the sizes of the photos BEFORE uploading them, but on photobucket they are BIGGER than that!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2010, 14:54:42 »
Another try:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2010, 14:56:38 »
Now that one fits the page even though it's bigger than some of those that don't!

Another:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2010, 15:01:06 »
Nope, too big again!

It looks as if it's going to be more trouble using photobucket than resizing my photos and attaching them to posts.  I can never work out why these hosting sites and photo editing software don't all include two basic functions

1.  resize an image to a given size, e.g. 100kb

2.  print an image to a given size, e.g. 5 x 7

Photoshop Elements 3 used to offer the second but when it was "improved" to Elements 4 this option vanished and Elements 3 can't be used with Vista.  So much for "progress".

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2010, 16:48:06 »
Nope, too big again!

It looks as if it's going to be more trouble using photobucket than resizing my photos and attaching them to posts.  I can never work out why these hosting sites and photo editing software don't all include two basic functions

1.  resize an image to a given size, e.g. 100kb

2.  print an image to a given size, e.g. 5 x 7

Photoshop Elements 3 used to offer the second but when it was "improved" to Elements 4 this option vanished and Elements 3 can't be used with Vista.  So much for "progress".

Photbucket does offer the second option. All my photos resize to 800x600 pixels as I upload them, and I never have to worry about them fitting on the forum.

Go to the page with the big box saying Upload Images and Videos

Just under that box click on (more options)

Choose 15" screen and save.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2010, 16:55:52 »
Photbucket does offer the second option. All my photos resize to 800x600 pixels as I upload them, and I never have to worry about them fitting on the forum.

Go to the page with the big box saying Upload Images and Videos

Just under that box click on (more options)

Choose 15" screen and save.
Thanks, Martin, I'll try that.  I've only been using the bulk uploader so far.