Author Topic: Testing linking to photobucket  (Read 6700 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Testing linking to photobucket
« on: June 08, 2010, 10:21:10 »
Here's a first try:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Testing linking to photobucket
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 10:21:46 »
No good - too big and not the photo I was trying to link to!

Another try:

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 10:23:16 »
Still too big!

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 10:24:44 »
Nice bus - they have been running these all weekend where we live

I use imageshack because I couldn't decide between the two but Photobucket is probably easier as Imageshack is very fiddly and annoying. Please let me know how you get on :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 10:26:41 »
Nice bus - they have been running these all weekend where we live

I use imageshack because I couldn't decide between the two but Photobucket is probably easier as Imageshack is very fiddly and annoying. Please let me know how you get on :)

I'll keep you informed, Damo.  So far photobucket is very fiddly and annoying!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 10:27:06 »
Well, I've resized it:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 10:28:59 »
Another try:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 10:31:59 »
Anyone see any difference?

No, I don't either!

Another try after discovering that APPLY just makes the change but doesn't save it and that the button to save is off the screen at the bottom!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 10:34:03 »
I've now made it the smallest possible size:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 10:36:40 »
And there's no difference!

I thought it could be time consuming resizing images on my pc and then adding them to posts, but at least I'm familiar with that and get some feedback, e.g. the image that wouldn't load because it was just too big now loads because I've made it smaller, but not with photobucket!

End of experiment.