Author Topic: Problem with typing  (Read 5247 times)

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
Re: Problem with typing
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 00:49:03 »
I have not experienced this problem and I use Firefox and do not maximize my window.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 02:14:34 »
HI

I am using a Mac and firefox. It is an old version and I have done nothing to upgrade any software for years. It really happens and is annoying when it is a long post with picture link info in it that scrolls across the window.

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 02:51:23 »
Happens to me too, I'm using IE on Windows 7, and it happened using IE on Windows Vista on my PC in England too.

I'll try using Google Chrome and see if I still get the problem. Like everyone else I assumed the problem was my machine and not Playmofriends, though I haven't had this problem with other internet Forums.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 07:21:02 »
and how would I get Firefox? 

Elaine (Mrs Totally Computer Illiterate!) :-[

Go here and download and install it:

http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/

For a better email program go here:

http://en-gb.www.mozillamessaging.com/en-GB/thunderbird/

You want the Windows downloads.

For free and better than Windows word processing and other software, go here:

http://www.openoffice.org/

All free and all very good.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 08:22:49 »

I have the most recent version of Firefox and I use it to visit PF about 99% of the time.

I haven't changed any settings on the forum since it was upgraded in 2007, so I'm baffled as to what could be causing these sudden changes in usability.

I don't want people to feel compelled to stop using Internet Explorer, but I don't know if there is another easier way around the problem. I will have to look into it at the SMF support  forum.

I am using a Mac and firefox. It is an old version and I have done nothing to upgrade any software for years. It really happens and is annoying when it is a long post with picture link info in it that scrolls across the window.

I'd be interested to know if your posting problems continue after upgrading to the most recent version of Firefox, Ras. It only takes moments to do this, so I would advise giving that a try.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 15:07:36 »
I have the most recent version of Firefox and I use it to visit PF about 99% of the time.

I haven't changed any settings on the forum since it was upgraded in 2007, so I'm baffled as to what could be causing these sudden changes in usability.

I don't want people to feel compelled to stop using Internet Explorer, but I don't know if there is another easier way around the problem. I will have to look into it at the SMF support  forum.

I'd be interested to know if your posting problems continue after upgrading to the most recent version of Firefox, Ras. It only takes moments to do this, so I would advise giving that a try.

Hi Sylvia

Some time ago I could not pay any auctions off due to some operating system (mac os x 10.3.9) and safari browser errors. I checked into it and found out with my old computer I needed to actually find an old version of firefox (2.0.0.18) and as soon as I loaded it all my problems were solved. Now I get notices on Video sites that my versions will soon not be supported. I may just have to upgrade and see if my auction payment glitches have gone away? This problem here was not a big deal and more of an annoyance that I could work around so I was not about to try to fix something I know very little about.

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 18:19:59 »
 :)9  Thank you Gordon for the link to Firefox - don't know if it will solve the typing problem, but at long last I can go on the internet and not sit around waiting ages for pages to change or to scroll down a page - Ebay especially was painfully slow but now its really speeded up. I might even manage to win some more Playmo now  ;D
 :woohoo:  I'll hopefully more time to play with my Playmobil now :woohoo: - might even have time to sort out some ships so....
Thank You  :wow: Thank You  :wow: Thank You  :wow: Thank You  :wow: Thank You :wow:

Elaine
(and Thank you Flatcat for raising the subject in the first place)
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline reylocann

• Playmo Fanatic
  • One can never have too many cats!
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2010, 01:44:51 »
 :wave:

I am on a Mac and use Safari 99% of the time.  Haven't encountered the problem.

Rey

You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation. - Plato