Author Topic: Christmas Scene  (Read 4769 times)

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
Christmas Scene
« on: December 29, 2007, 23:01:19 »
Hi all!

We finally - around two days before Christmas - got our annual Playmobil nativity and train set up. Since we are unsure what the future holds in terms of where we will be living, we decided not to get out all out Christmas decorations, but rather to leave them packed up and ready to move in case that proves necessary.

So we made some new decorations from scratch - I papered a 6 foot by 6 foot part of the wall with packaging paper, then we all cut out stars and ornaments and such and decorated it. I think it came out terrific and it makes a perfect backdrop for the train layout and nativity.

This year, one thing we did differently is adding a hill for the shepherds.

The decree for the census is read from the balcony of the inn at Bethlehem.

The innkeeper manages a smile, though he is none to happy with the Romans in his inn.

The innkeeper's wife watches as Roman soldiers set out in the early morning to harass the local citizens ...

And find a beggar to abuse.

Joseph and Mary travel to Bethlehem to participate in the census.

And the angels sing of the arrival of a Savior.

A boy plays his drums for the new king, as a wise man brings a more costly, but not more valuable, gift.

A wider view of the inn.

And this year a stowaway was detected on the annual Christmas train run!

Also, a picture of the kids' loot. The grandparents came up big, getting an arena for Merboy and a hospital for Sirena.

Lastly, while dear old dad did not get any Playmobil for Christmas, he did receive a package from a German friend just a few days earlier with a small surprise. With all that is going on in our lives right now, it was as welcome as it was unexpected! :)

I hope everyone here had a wonderful Christmas, and that the coming year brings blessings and happiness beyond our imaginings!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 23:19:33 by Captain Henry »
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
Re: Christmas Scene
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 23:42:47 »
Wow!, that is beautiful Captain Henry.
Thanks for posting.
May this New Year bring countless blessings to you and yours!

Jimbo

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 05:21:19 »
Thanks Jimbo! I am very glad you liked it.

We have had the same basic set-up for a few years now, but I do like to change things up and add new things each year. This year the track is a little more than an oval, we added some new Romans, the hill for the shepherds, as well as drummer boy and a goat girl. Who knows what next year may bring? ;)

I even shot some video this year of the train in motion. I am somewhat new to video editing, but when I splice together some scenes and add sounds I will post a link to it as well.
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 20:29:25 »
That's a wonderful layout and retelling of the Christmas story, Cap'n.  Many thanks, and may every blessing be your in 2008.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 22:10:58 »
Great set up this year Cap'n. The hill for the herders is great

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 06:04:49 »
That's a great spread!

Offline core

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 07:51:32 »
Thanks for sharing, must have been grea fun setting it all up  :yup:
Peter

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 17:05:24 »
Looks like Merboy's Arena is going to be supplying Sirena's Hospital with plenty of business!

Lovely Christmassy set-up!

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 11:18:10 »
Sorry to hear that your home life is still rather unsettled, Henry.

Hoping that 2008 will be a much better year for you and your family! :crossed:

Your Christmas playmo display looks just as magnificent as it always has in previous years. 8-)

The hand-made backdrop is beautiful too. The children must have been excited to help and they should be very proud of the final result. :)

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 16:28:06 »
Thanks for your kind comments everyone!

Martin, yes, the Roman arena keeps the staff at the hospital hopping. And then there was the day King Richard dropped by to seek treatment for his son... :D I love watching the kids "cross-contaminate" themes. It is amazing what they come up with!

Silvia, the kids had a great time decorating the backdrop. It was a very nice afternoon spent together doing something as a family.