Author Topic: 5139 Soldiers Fort with dungeon treasure  (Read 28615 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: 5139 Soldiers Fort with dungeon treasure
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2011, 03:34:18 »
You've given me a better reason to get it now, Atto, since I now know it is historically accurate!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2011, 06:29:23 »
A stupid  question do you think i could use my two light houses in my mediaval set up on the shores as the two points/gates of the port ???
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2011, 07:37:07 »
A stupid  question do you think i could use my two light houses in my mediaval set up on the shores as the two points/gates of the port ???

Historically, I have no idea  :P

But I think it would look GREAT! (are you trying to get me in trouble? )

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2011, 07:59:02 »

i researched some pics of medieval light houses.... they really don't look too different, but most of them seem to be six-sided flat walls instead of round ones.  The playmo lighthouse does have medieval-ish masonry and the little slits that seem like they were meant to shoot arrows through.  And then the attached fort portion of the lighthouse does look very castle-ish IMO, so I think you can get away with it.  To try to tie this back to on topic, the new 5139 fort also looks sort of castle-ish and might possibly be integrated into a medieval setup from the looks of it.
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2011, 08:06:05 »
i researched some pics of medieval light houses.... they really don't look too different, but most of them seem to be six-sided flat walls instead of round ones.  The playmo lighthouse does have medieval-ish masonry and the little slits that seem like they were meant to shoot arrows through.  And then the attached fort portion of the lighthouse does look very castle-ish IMO, so I think you can get away with it.  To try to tie this back to on topic, the new 5139 fort also looks sort of castle-ish and might possibly be integrated into a medieval setup from the looks of it.

But both are impossible to REALLY connect to other stuff right?

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2011, 08:20:50 »

Thanks for the very useful info !!!! I think the 5139 is too tiny to do much with it to be honest , does look good but ratehr unrealistic for a small fort , too small if you ask me .  :-\
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2011, 13:45:00 »
But both are impossible to REALLY connect to other stuff right?

Correct. :-\
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2011, 19:06:49 »
i researched some pics of medieval light houses.... they really don't look too different, but most of them seem to be six-sided flat walls instead of round ones

:wave: hello blackpearl,
 :) could you please give me some examples of these medieval hexagonal lighthouses?
 :hmm: i have a passion for lighhouses but i no of none that has a six sided wall.
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2011, 19:28:09 »

They used light houses all through history at large ports. Take the Lighthouse of Alexandria, for instance. 

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2011, 20:08:28 »
Yes, but lighthouses in Classic (Mesopothanian/Egyptian/Greek/Roman...) history or in Medieval times (*) were a lot different.
Medieval ones usually were some kind of flat-topped towers, with just a pile of wood burning on top.

(*):personally, I like to consider the end of the Middle Ages and the starting point of the Renaissance to be the "official" discovery of the Americas in 1492, though historians probably use a different moment

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!