Author Topic: Hello from Deinze (BE)!  (Read 3633 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Hello from Deinze (BE)!
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2017, 14:46:29 »
Welcome from Portugal! ;D

Glad to see you here!

I too remember your post for Collector of the month - those old pics are amazing. I wish I had more of mine. And that I knew where the few that do exist are :-[

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2017, 16:53:13 »
Welcome from the Netherlands, great to see playmobil pictures of your childhood! I always found it a shame I never made any as a kid.

Looks like we are from about the same era, I'm 32. It has always been medieval for me mainly, with quite some modern stuff too.

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2017, 18:14:31 »
Welcome from New Mexico (USA)! I'm glad you found your way to PF.

I'm from the same Playmobil era, except my theme was Victorian.  :P

Thank you Ismene, I've only been to USA to take another plane to Mexico (where my girlfriend comes from), so I was close :) ! I remember I liked to watch the Victorian pages in the catalogues when I was a child. Playmobil always made them so beautiful!

A warm welcome from North Yorkshire in the UK!  :wave:

Thank you playmofire!

Welcome from Stroud, England. You have come to the right place for friendly fellow-collectors, bml87! As things have been a little quiet here, we hoped the demise of the PCC might bring a few new people here (though there is nothing much to celebrate about the end of the PCC, really).

I too love the Circus theme and we (me, wife Ruth and children) have collected quite a lot of the sets. One of the most colourful themes, certainly!

Thank you GrahamB, well so far I only heard very positive things about PF! Well, I hope the fanclubs can bring new fire in the Playmobil spirit, after the closure of the PCC.
After I made my Western diorama, I'm planning to make a new circus diorama :) . I'm curious to find out about your collection.

Welcome from Portugal! ;D

Glad to see you here!

I too remember your post for Collector of the month - those old pics are amazing. I wish I had more of mine. And that I knew where the few that do exist are :-[

Thanks Tahra  :) ! I actually have quite some pictures of my Playmobil when I was a child, most of them a bit blurry, I remember taking them with a disposable camera ;D , but it's nice to see how my ideas were at that time!

Welcome from the Netherlands, great to see playmobil pictures of your childhood! I always found it a shame I never made any as a kid.

Looks like we are from about the same era, I'm 32. It has always been medieval for me mainly, with quite some modern stuff too.

Thanks neighbour :wave: ! I have some medieval Playmobil too, it was my brother's, we kinda made a deal, he got all the Lego and I the Playmobil. I think I will use it once for a Forest diorama.
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2017, 18:25:07 »
I'm curious to find out about your collection.

It's all in boxes in our wardrobe at the moment. I threw all the clothes away to make room!

.. he got all the Lego and I the Playmobil.

Sounds good to me! (me and my 3 brothers had Lego as children, but not PM :( My youngest brother got the Lego).
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2017, 03:05:38 »
Fantastic stuff. You are in the right place and I hope you find a comfortable home here at Playmofriends.
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2017, 05:04:28 »
Thank you Ismene, I've only been to USA to take another plane to Mexico (where my girlfriend comes from), so I was close :) ! I remember I liked to watch the Victorian pages in the catalogues when I was a child. Playmobil always made them so beautiful!

We're a border-state, so maybe you flew over.  :P

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2017, 14:04:24 »
Welcome Boris.  A great personal story - and I love your photos!
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2017, 14:15:55 »
Welcome! :)
~Pynedor~

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2017, 16:22:35 »
Fantastic stuff. You are in the right place and I hope you find a comfortable home here at Playmofriends.

Thank you Mad Hadder! I curious to discover all the stories here.

Welcome Boris.  A great personal story - and I love your photos!

Thank you Raven, I will post more pictures in the future!

Welcome! :)

Thank you Pynedor!
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline PlaymoFrankJon

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2017, 10:08:50 »
Welcome from Assenede, Belgium!! Near you  :D

Since you are from Belgium, you should take a look at the Exposition in Balen, Belgium. It's in the first weekend of March.
It's a great expo with lot's of vendors and diorama builders from the Benelux and more! (incl myself  :love:)

Greetings!