Author Topic: Playmobil 5008 mountain rescue set  (Read 13794 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Playmobil 5008 mountain rescue set
« on: February 08, 2011, 20:24:04 »
Well, it arrived today and many thanks go to Andi (Customizer) for his help in getting it for me.  You can find background information here, again thanks to Andi:

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=5229.0

It's a big set and I'm reviewing it in a small room, so I will spread the photo taking over a few days.  Today, we start with the box and the rescue team's HQ.

It's a big box - 23 and 3/8 inches (59.5cm) wide by 19 and a half inches (49.5cms) front to back and 5 inches (12.5cms) deep.

First, box front and then box back:

Then the small pictures around the side giving detail views of the items in the set:

I forgot to show the box interior, so here it is:

« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 20:48:50 by playmofire »
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Playmobil 5008 mountain rescue set
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 20:35:29 »
Now the mountain rescue hut the team work from.  It's a variant of the building site hut (they're called Portakabins in the UK) here:

http://collectobil.com/catalogue/items/3260.htm

but without the coffee making facilities and the window and door frames are blue rather than a sort of turquoise green, while the washroom area tiling is dark green rather than turquoisey green.

At the back on the left is the washroom area:

complete with sink and tap and loo, but not provision for a loo roll.  The mirror works:

In the centre of then cabin is a work area consisting of a desk shelf with a slot at the back to take a map of the region and room for a laptop and other items:

At the right hand end of the cabin is a double bunk with two detachable bedding pieces:

Below the bottom bunk is a drawer for storing spare bedding and other items and there is room for a calendar on the end of the bunk unit:

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 20:38:47 »
I'll continue the revue tomorrow (light permitting for the photography), starting with the 4x4.

Offline playmojager

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 20:47:55 »
Wow, what a fantastic set !!!
Looking forward for the complete review.  :wave:
  Fire and Axe

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 21:27:02 »
You lucky man Gordon for getting this neat exclusive set. I really want to see your review on the new parts for the 4x4 .

I really like the green but that baby blue or turquoise is  :doh: wrong

As far as the toilet paper missing, they are in the forest so a leaf will do just fine  :P

The teams logo looks like one of those silly stickers you put on that simulates a broken window or bullet hole.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 21:44:18 »
You lucky man Gordon for getting this neat exclusive set. I really want to see your review on the new parts for the 4x4 .

I'll post it as fast as I can!

As far as the toilet paper missing, they are in the forest so a leaf will do just fine  :P

True, but preferably not holly!

The teams logo looks like one of those silly stickers you put on that simulates a broken window or bullet hole.

It's a fair copy of the actual bergrettung badge:

http://www.muhr-info.at/vereine/bergrettung.htm

and the badge is based on this, the eidelweiss:

http://www.muhr-info.at/vereine/bergrettung.htm

http://www.alpineaddictsmorzine.com/

Quick chorus of "Doe a deer, a female deer, Ray a drop of golden sun" and then into "Climb every mountain"

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 22:00:37 »
Wow! tthat looks like a great set! congratz!  :love:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 22:04:03 »
Thanks for the review so far, Gordon! Can't wait to see the rest. So far, I like the set very much.

Sounds like the voice of experience...  :toot:

:lol:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 22:11:03 »
This looks like a great set Gordon, looking forward to seeing the rest.
One thing I noticed in the box pictures is that the hut is obviously occupied by a man - he's left the toilet seat up!  :lol:

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 22:12:05 »
Thank you for these first pics Gordon! Looking forward to the rest!!!