Author Topic: 5956 Carrying Case Christmas  (Read 5191 times)

Offline cardensb

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Custom Blackbeard
5956 Carrying Case Christmas
« on: November 26, 2011, 16:43:16 »
This is my first review so let me know if you want more information.  Regretfully I did not photograph it as I opened it.  I bought this set because I am a sucker for inexpensive Holiday decorations and I could easily use the Santa, Elf, tree, toys, reindeer and snowman along with my other two Santa themed displays, the first being a 4x reindeer sleigh set 3604 and several other loose Santas appearing to be carolers.
The sleigh I suppose could be for running around the North Pole but it is inadequate to deliver presents around the world.
This sets strengths are:
Price - content and case were worth the approximate $10 US dollars paid.
Santa - is a nice sculpt with a multicolored hat and a long beard.  Not the "ultimate" Santa but pretty good
Elf - I can't get enough of these little guys
Snowman - very cute

Weaknesses are:
If you are looking for a "gift delivery system" sleigh this is not your set

If the directions or inventory are needed for other reference sites, please send me a PM.

Shawn
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: 5956 Carrying Case Christmas
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 19:16:35 »
I recently got this set too and I must say that I love it. This is my first elf and I just fell in love.

The biggest dissapointment was the case itself. It is made of a rubbery plastic but worse than that is that the interior has no divisions so all you carry goes like crazy around the case  :-\.

...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline cardensb

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Custom Blackbeard
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 23:04:36 »
I agree about the case.  I was unsure how other cases with other sets were.  I figured due to the sleigh's size dividers would be not very cost efficient if the cases mold is used across other sets which I noticed today it was.
Shawn
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 10:16:51 »
You can use the carrying case to store spare klickies.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 10:52:30 »
You can use the carrying case to store spare klickies.

sure! I just thought it had internal separations so things would be place neater. I had in my mind other carrying cases that had divisions...  :( anyway so far I have the case full of small catalogues.  :)
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 21:21:43 »
It looks like a great set. The white ground piece is fairly unusual and a nice thing to have for winter scenes. The packaging doesn't do a very good job showing the elf. You can't see the curly toed shoes very well and that's one of the key features. I love the elves. I have 15 so far.

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 23:52:18 »
The reviewer has submitted to me the inventory - thanks Shawn! - from which I've deduced that the snowman-parts are the same as those in 4680 - Boy with Snowman and 5845 - Santa and Snowman. If I could just find the part number for the red pot in those sets, they'd be complete! This one's got a good variety of Christmassy things.

5956 - Carrying Case Christmas
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 03:58:55 »
sure! I just thought it had internal separations so things would be place neater. I had in my mind other carrying cases that had divisions...  :( anyway so far I have the case full of small catalogues.  :)

If you need a divider for it, I have spares somewhere I believe. I'm using some without the dividers for storing customizing supplies -- markers and such.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 11:13:56 »
If you need a divider for it, I have spares somewhere I believe. I'm using some without the dividers for storing customizing supplies -- markers and such.

??? the dividers come separately? thanks bb but don't worry, I can put other things instead of what I had in mind  :)

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 01:50:47 »
Thanks for the review! I'm dying to open my first elf in the Advent Calender!
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.