Author Topic: 5755~ Santa's house opinion please~  (Read 4903 times)

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
Re: 5755~ Santa's house opinion please~
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 20:08:43 »
Okay, I'm going to be the sole (so far) sort-of negative sayer in this. 

Personally, I think just changing the decals to make a "Christmas House", "Barn" and "Vet Clinic" and then put in a bunch of accessories that have been used in similar sets many times before is just a money grab.

How hard would it have really been for them to make a Take Along Barn that actually LOOKED like a barn!?!?!

Or a Christmas House that looks like a fantasy Christmas House...  Or a Vet Clinic that looks like a store front, not a Carry Along House with different decals ...

Offline Dinobuzz

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 20:36:14 »
Okay, I'm going to be the sole (so far) sort-of negative sayer in this. 

Personally, I think just changing the decals to make a "Christmas House", "Barn" and "Vet Clinic" and then put in a bunch of accessories that have been used in similar sets many times before is just a money grab.

How hard would it have really been for them to make a Take Along Barn that actually LOOKED like a barn!?!?!

Or a Christmas House that looks like a fantasy Christmas House...  Or a Vet Clinic that looks like a store front, not a Carry Along House with different decals ...

I hear ya Wesley.....its the same for figurines in other toylines.....same mold, just different paint job....but since I'm new in the Playmobil world, I wouldn't have too many doubles of anything and even though we do have the Carry along Dollhouse, and that I wished Santa's house was something totally different, one more in this style wouldn't hurt! LOL!

I'd definitely would LOVE to see Santa's house in the Medieval house/barn style!!

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
    • Walts Playm0bil Collection
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2010, 20:41:38 »
Get it, it is excelent value. I have had on on my christmas layout now for about 5 years and the children always like it.

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2010, 00:39:03 »
Of all the "Take-Along" sets, this is the only one I like at all (so far, anyway, I do want to get the puppet theatre, also.)  There are a ton of good Christmas items in it, it does work pretty well as part of a holiday display, and, as others have already said, the elf shoes are awesome - they were the main reason that I bought this set when it first came out in the US.   :yup:

But I agree totally with Wesley's remarks about how cheesy the slapped-on sticker backgrounds are.  I am not a fan of the whole "Take-Along" concept.   :no:

So, Dinobuzz, I am sure that you your daughter will love it!   ;D
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2010, 05:35:46 »
Good. I hate to be the pragmatist here, but each new mold costs a couple million dollars (at least a million €). Re-using a mold as many times as possible reduces the price per unit as far as possible. This ensures the company’s profitability, and therefore they’re longevity.
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..