Author Topic: Discussion of Shoes Split From Re: 5136 Pirates with arsenal  (Read 5987 times)

Offline Jay

• Playmo Addict
Re: Discussion of Shoes Split From Re: 5136 Pirates with arsenal
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2011, 01:41:18 »

No one considers North American Indians so poor they did not have shoes.  We know they had footwear, moccasins being the most common known.  Yet, they were much poorer than any peasant in Europe. 

Not all Indian tribes wore moccasins, particularly in the plains, or on the coast where the land might not be as hard or rocky. And many tribes did not consider themselves poor. Up to the end of the 19th Century many were very rich, though not in the things that Western civilization had.  An individual in a plains tribe might be considered incredibly rich if he had a number of ponies, a few wives, and a good teepee. By their standard he would be.  And then there were the Aztecs, who were incredibly rich by European standards.
But some people have agendas and would consider them poor.
As the line in Wicked goes, "There's just shoes Elphaba. Let it go. "

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2011, 04:55:13 »
I personally prefer NOT to wear shoes. Even after coming home from a formal event, sometimes when I go back out I'm still wearing a suit and tie, but I slip on my flip flips (aka sandals, aka "thongs", aka slippers), lol.

At all times possible I try NOT to wear shoes unless it's dreadfully cold outside or I'm at a formal setting or work.

At all other times, my feet are o-naturale!!!
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2011, 08:36:28 »
I, too, increasingly don't wear socks or shoes.  Indoors I wear sandals and no socks most of the year, even in winter, only putting on socks when it gets really cold.  During the summer, I wear sandals without socks in the house and garden (although not for walking as I find they don't give my feet enough support), and often just go barefoot indoors.  It's nice!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2011, 08:58:22 »
after wearing long pants and socks&leather shoes 5&1/2 days a week, if i can, its bare foot indoors and sandals to malls/informal dinners. weather here is just too hot to dress like westerners  ;)

(perhaps we watch too much 'desperate housewives' to think that westerners are always dressed their best even at home  ;D)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2011, 09:14:17 »

(perhaps we watch too much 'desperate housewives' to think that westerners are always dressed their best even at home  ;D)

We still dress for dinner, cheng, dinner jacket, black tie etc and Diane wears her tiara, and I have a suit I wear only for washing the car. 
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2011, 09:42:58 »
We still dress for dinner, cheng, dinner jacket, black tie etc and Diane wears her tiara, and I have a suit I wear only for washing the car. 

black tie for dinner at home?! (I will be better prepared the next time you and Diane welcome me to your new home  ;))
...Americans dont do they?  ???
...and you meant your wet suit   8};D

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2011, 12:05:57 »
Nope, nobody dresses for dinner here that I've ever met! In fact a lot of people don't even have a formal dinner, they just grab something and head off to their own seperate TVs. :-\

I almost always go barefoot at home, both inside and outside, at least if I'm just on the porch or patio or driveway. I wouldn't walk through the flowerbeds barefoot at least! :lol: Even during the winter, it's hardly ever cold enough for me to put shoes on before going outside to get the mail or get something out of the car. I even will leave the house barefoot, if I'm just along for the ride and not actually going in to any stores. I hate wearing shoes and socks. my mom had to cut the feet out of my sleepers when I was a baby because I hated having anything on my feet! :lol:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2011, 16:39:49 »
Nope, nobody dresses for dinner here that I've ever met! In fact a lot of people don't even have a formal dinner, they just grab something and head off to their own seperate TVs. :-\

I almost always go barefoot at home, both inside and outside, at least if I'm just on the porch or patio or driveway. I wouldn't walk through the flowerbeds barefoot at least! :lol: Even during the winter, it's hardly ever cold enough for me to put shoes on before going outside to get the mail or get something out of the car. I even will leave the house barefoot, if I'm just along for the ride and not actually going in to any stores. I hate wearing shoes and socks. my mom had to cut the feet out of my sleepers when I was a baby because I hated having anything on my feet! :lol:

lol me too!  even when i go to my friends' homes everyone takes off their shoes before entering, but i'm the only (weird?) one that also removes his SOCKS as well, going completely barefoot unlike everyone else who was courteous enough to spare our eyes from the sight of a primal pair of bare feet!  I especially hate the feeling of socks with no shoes!  And I too hated wearing sleepers as a kid that had built-in feet!  I vote that we do away with shoes alltogether, rich and poor alike!  Who's with me?!  :D
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 16:46:32 by BlackPearl2006 »
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2011, 16:42:35 »
I've never asked her how she figured out I didn't like them before i could talk. ???
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2011, 02:56:43 »
Lots of screaming... ;)
Steck is BACK! <:>