Author Topic: 4273 ROMAN TENT  (Read 9080 times)

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
Re: 4273 ROMAN TENT
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 15:38:37 »

It is our understanding that ALL of the buildings in the two attached pictures were made from existing System X parts! (Only the colours have been changed.)

All the best,
Richard

see attachments

WOW!! :D Beautiful pictures! They're from advertising videos, aren't they? Well, they should actually DO it! & With mobilia, and many little things inside! :yup:

Parts ordering in America follows an P^(n^n) complexity model.
Where P = the probability of acquiring one part for a multi-part item and n = the number of parts required to complete the multi-part item.

So, I estimate that to spare parts order one of the above Roman villas:

Odds of obtaining any one part: 80%
Number of parts: 20
Odds: 1.72E-37 %.

EH!! Greek! Translation, please! ;)

(I'm joking Tim ... : I know that you are trying to say that you find it hard to do it. But your math is beyond my hability of truly understanding the demonstration 8} ... I'll only believe in the spirit in it ::) )

G.
:blackhair:
Gus

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 15:53:11 »
The review is respectable--example: he knew enough about Rome to know some Latin terms.

However, his critique of the artillery piece is somewhat incorrect.

Although there are some errors, that's a pretty fair review.  I like the set quite a bit, as I do all the Roman sets.  Now if we could just got some Roman buildings...

There may be problem with his Latin as well ... I usually pass by them easily, but this one I'll have to speak out loud about:

Isn't Senatus Populusque Romani? Or is Romanus, -a, -um only attached to Populus? Now I got a doubt, here ... (My math does give me that 1+1 = more than one ;D )

(G.)
Gus

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 00:29:07 »
Hi Gus

Romanus modifies Populus.

-Tim

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2008, 18:42:29 »

EH!! Greek! Translation, please! ;)

(I'm joking Tim ... : I know that you are trying to say that you find it hard to do it. But your math is beyond my hability of truly understanding the demonstration 8} ... I'll only believe in the spirit in it ::) )

It's a joke on the math from my statistics and computer science classes.

P = probability (50% = 0.50)
n = a variable number (in this case, number of parts needed to complete a thing)

P^(n^n) = probability to the nth power of the nth power.

Example:
0.5 ^ 3 ^ 3 = 0.5^9

Something that follows an "n to the nth" (exponential) complexity model is considered to grow hard fast.

A manageable problem grows linearly--ie. adding three more parts is 3 times harder, vs. exponentially, which would make adding 3 more parts nine times harder.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2008, 14:23:56 »
Out of interest, are you guys (Tim & Justindo) still having problems ordering Roman spare parts?

I put in 2 orders in the last 2 weeks and had nothing refused except really old parts that I wasn't expecting to be in anyway (such as the violin & double bass set).

All the Roman parts I ordered were in stock, and I was ordering up to 30 of any one part at a time.

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2008, 16:09:14 »
Martin,

I am glad to see that I not the only one Still trying to order the double bass and other instruments (I want a Mariachi Band!).  The last DS order I placed they said they had the parts but did not ship any! Order was short over 60 pieces.

Gepetto

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2008, 17:39:59 »
A little spirit in me hopes that if we keep asking, they'll keep a total of the number of requests and eventually run off some more.  0)

A bigger spirit in me says if you can't kill someone with it, they're not interested in bringing it back.   >:D

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 12:07:24 »
A little spirit in me hopes that if we keep asking, they'll keep a total of the number of requests and eventually run off some more.  0)

A bigger spirit in me says if you can't kill someone with it, they're not interested in bringing it back.   >:D

Maybe that explains all the soft rubber flag poles and cannons that only dribble their projectiles.

But seriously, as a kid, I played all the time with possibly the most dangerous toy in the world--1978 Micronauts--and never killed anybody.