Author Topic: 5248 Covered Wagon with Raiders  (Read 12185 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
5248 Covered Wagon with Raiders
« on: September 06, 2012, 01:16:22 »
Ok, I have to start by saying that it has been a really long time since I have fallen in love with a playmobil set the way I instantly fell in love with this one the second I started putting it together. The wagon itself was AMAZING. THe first playmobil set I ever had was a covered wagon, and it was love at first sight. I don't think I ever have been so awed by another set until today! Maybe I just have a thing for covered wagons. :lol: But I think the design of this wagon is the best thing I have seen from playmobil in a long time! It's really really really cool!!!

Anyway, enough talk, here's some pics. ;)

First the bad guys

And a back view. The one problem I had with this set was I got two right spurs. :( Too bad, too, because I LOVE the spurs! So happy to have spurs that fit on newer style feet!

I had to show a pic of this guy without his belt and bandana so you can see the printing. I think it is the first time we have had a chinese face with an eyepatch? And I think the torso print is really nice.

And the good guys. Love the print on the guy on the left, and I got an extra bandana like his. Also love the chaps on the other guy.

And the back view. Love the fringe! :love:

And a shot of his hat.... and hairy chest. :P

The horses... :love:

And on to the wagon itself! :love: :love: :love: I'll start with the one thing I don't like about this set, the blue whip. ::) And btw, the whip felt cheaply made compared to the older whips. But the new barrels on the side are great, and notice the holes in the cover, for flaming arrows.

a back view, showing the new bucket.

A front view

I absolutely love the spring seat

And it does lift up and has a nice storage compartment under it.

There's a gun rack on the back of the seat, and a place for a spare wheel! I was very surprised by these features.

But I think the best surprise was the compartments under the floor of the wagon! I had no idea this wagon had that, it doesn't show in any of the pictures online.

A perfect spot for hiding away some bags of gold.

There's also a tailgate that really opens on this one.

And this was great news to me. The old-style wagon cover fits! It's a bit of a tight fit, but I got it on there. So it will be easier to vary the look a bit.

Some of the accessories that came with it, love the new barrels!

And the munitions box

And an overview of the set.

I'm absolutely wild about this new wagon! :inlove: I want lots and lots more. I definitely recommend this set!

« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 01:29:28 by bonniebeth »
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: 5248 Covered Wagon with Raiders
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 01:18:41 »
Nice set! Every day I think I am getting closer to starting into the Western theme. 8}
~Pynedor~

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 02:01:39 »
This is a great set, Bonnie.  I love the wagon and all of its little details that you showed.   

Would the harness fit the Noriker horses too?  :hmm:

Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline toyologist

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 02:13:09 »
Thanks for the comprehensive look at this set! Now I want it even more! :wave:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 02:13:38 »
what a great set, I need to get so many of these  :rock: :banana: :apple: :cowboy: :indian: :confetti: :woohoo: :party:

Thank you so much for the great review of what look to be one of the best new sets in the theme  :**:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 02:20:51 »
Another great western set!  Love the klickies and those floor compartments.  My super minor complaint would be 1848 plastered on everything.
Thanks for the review BB!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 02:29:16 »
Glad I could convince some people they need this set. ;D

Would the harness fit the Noriker horses too?  :hmm:

I don't think so. I haven't actually tried, but I tried a saddle from this style of horse on the noriker the other day, and it didn't fit. There are harnesses for the norikers in this set: http://store.playmobilusa.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-US-Site/en_US/Product-Show?pid=5249&cgid=Western though they are blue. :hmm: I think I would take these two with their harnesses and hitch them to this wagon.

My super minor complaint would be 1848 plastered on everything.

I totally agree. I hate having anything printed on, because it ruins the versatility of the item. Chris and I were noticing what I hadn't really thought about before, this theme is somewhat centered around the California gold rush. Est. 1848 is written on everything, with pictures of pick axes, so it would be the gold mining company that was established in 1848, right at the start of the gold rush.
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 02:48:14 »
Oh bb you are killing me!!!!  :lol:

This is a fantastic set!!!! I wonder why they keep making bandits, sheriffs and soldiers..... where is the common people??  ::)
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 02:56:52 »
Oh bb you are killing me!!!!  :lol:

This is a fantastic set!!!! I wonder why they keep making bandits, sheriffs and soldiers..... where is the common people??  ::)

this was the WILD WEST the only other people were indians  :lol: :lol:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 02:57:58 »
Yeah, I'd love to see some women and especially children, since there were very few kids in the original western series even, but at least these are some awesome men! :lol: And for a western town it does kind of work, because you would see men going into town for supplies and not bringing the wife and kids with them. But still there need to be some women and kids living in the town!