Author Topic: 5248 Covered Wagon with Raiders  (Read 12222 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: 5248 Covered Wagon with Raiders
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 05:23:04 »
WOW!!!! From a designing point of view, that wagon is awesome!! So many compartments, so well designed sets and details like where the spare wheel goes make it seem so awesome!! I love this set!!! And the klickies look so great!!!
Thanks for the review and the pics, bb!!!

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 06:11:14 »
This is an awesome set, considering there are no knights inside!  ;)
Wish the whip wasn't blue though!
The cowboy with the rolled-up sleeves is wonderful!
Oh bb you are killing me!!!!  :lol:

This is a fantastic set!!!! I wonder why they keep making bandits, sheriffs and soldiers..... where is the common people??  ::)

I guess by that time, you had to be one of those only!  :)
Life in the so called space age...

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 06:44:25 »
This looks to be an outstanding set with some ground breaking features in design and manufacture, too, when you look at the versatility of the compartments in the wagon and printing - that check shirt is superb.

I share the reservations about the whip and the printing.  I guess the whip and barrel ropes are made together for cost purposes and so have to be the same colour.

Maybe the holes in the cover are also for the occupants to shoot from when under attack.

EDIT: the printing will probbaly rub off without too much trouble or damaging the cover.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 07:27:28 »
(thanks for another great review - my wallet is cursing you, btw)

Is that the original gunbelt on the first pic? They reverted to the ANCIENT ones? :o

Love the black ribbon on the hat and the printed chaps. Shame the shirt printings rarely include the back. Would be so much better (probably a lot more expensive too)

Hadn't really noticed the wagon is new.. A spare wheel? WOW. Seems really nice... the floor compartments look great. A very good thing the old cover fits :)

Must have one of those.. wheat bags? And the new barrel looks nice, but in brown please ;)

Agree regarding the blue whip and the printing.. they do LOVE their bright colors.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 07:46:16 »
Anotehr great review bb , thanks !!!

Lovely set , so nice to see all the new features etc  and i am so thrilled the wetsern is back !!! I love this wagon and klickies  :love: :love: :love: :love:

Some old skool features are so welcomed and is great to see those very old parts still around !!!
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 08:32:08 »
Many thanks for the review bb.
It's a wonderful set, I like it very much :love: The wagon is fantastic with many new ideas of the old one. Great klickies too!!

Friendly George. :)
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 10:28:35 »
@playmofire: the barrel ropes are actually the same part as the canteen strap, so they are a rubbery type material. They would have been better in something besides blue too, but the canteen straps have always been blue, so I can see why at least.

@tahra: Yes! That is the original gunbelt, really nice to see it again. However, the new gunbelts, while they feel thinner and cheaper, the guns actually stay in them. The guns have never wanted to stay in the old ones and it's always driven me crazy! The ones from when I was a kid mostly eventually turned brittle and broke, too. :(
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2012, 14:43:50 »
Great looking set, the wagon compartments add a whole new play level to it. Thanks for the review Bonnie

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2012, 18:07:05 »
Some great clickies in there, all of them could be used as regular cowboys and townspeople it seems. I really like that clicky with the rolled up sleeves.  :)

Those storage compartments does give me the idea that the two appearantly innocent cowboys could possibly be smugglers though.

A question about those barrel holders, could a clicky sit there as well with that seatbelt around his waist? a shame its blue, brown or black would have been better.

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2012, 20:10:36 »
Wow great set that wagon is awesome with the hidden compartments the accessories are also great really like the look of it, like the whole fele of the bandit with the eyepatch not so sure about the other fella, like the 2nd pair cool shirt with the hairy chest as well, love the guy with the rolled up checked shirt  :)