Author Topic: 5251 new western sheriff  (Read 5664 times)

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
5251 new western sheriff
« on: October 09, 2012, 17:42:16 »
Picked this set up today and thought i would share. Here we go.

Here is what you get. The cactus is tall. It is taller than the ones you get in the other western sets.  Also the double barrel shotgun or coach gun has made it to this set also!!!

I love the printing on the sheriff. Im gonna use this guy as a US marshal.  The wanted sign seems high. 5000 dollars back then was ALOT of money back then. Should be 500 .  This guy must have killed a president or top official.

This looks like the guy from the outlaw hideout set.

Overall its a great set. Not sure why it costs a dollar more than the new horse sets because the new horses come with a stable.   Hey we have to complain about something.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 5251 new western sheriff
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 18:11:12 »
Thanks for the review, Elric.    :wave:

These new Western sets are providing some useful figures for customs for my steam railway staff, although it's going to be a job to remove that star without damaging the rest of the printing.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 18:40:53 »
Thanks for the review, Elric.    :wave:

These new Western sets are providing some useful figures for customs for my steam railway staff, although it's going to be a job to remove that star without damaging the rest of the printing.

Yes thanks for the review,

I was thinking the same thing about how to remove the star and even maybe the chain. It might work if the chain went to a pocket watch
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 18:58:46 »
Yes thanks for the review,

I was thinking the same thing about how to remove the star and even maybe the chain. It might work if the chain went to a pocket watch

Yes, I was thinking the same.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 19:27:34 »
Thanks for the review.. I plan to get this one.

Offline PlaymoZoo

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 19:29:42 »
Thank you for sharing! I really like that huge cactus!
PlaymoZoo :wave:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 19:51:57 »
It looks like a nice little set. The horse is unique to the set at this point. Playmobil has only ever made 3 different cactus, the big one here the same as in some of the old Western sets. I like it a lot, I've had one on my Western display shelf for years. It sets the scene really well all by itself.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 23:27:57 »
Thanks for the review  :)

Must get this one. I like the horse, and the black hat which is also suitable for 16th century custom figures. (the hat came till now in darkblue , darkyellow, darkgrey and darkbrown)

Regarding customizing the sheriff's torso... hmmm... Rubbing off the star - without the chain - is easy, but I fear bits of that black vertical line and the printed white shirt may come off too.
The black line can be drawn back on with a special permanent marker, but restoring the shirt is more problematic, especially when one wants to remove the star's chain as well...

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 00:04:51 »
Thanks for this review, Elric! This looks like a great set. The klicky and horse look great, as does the cactus.  :)
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2012, 00:31:49 »

Regarding customizing the sheriff's torso... hmmm... Rubbing off the star - without the chain - is easy, but I fear bits of that black vertical line and the printed white shirt may come off too.
The black line can be drawn back on with a special permanent marker, but restoring the shirt is more problematic, especially when one wants to remove the star's chain as well...

I'd be happy just removing the chain and leaving it as if the chain disappears behind his waistcoat, as if it went into a pocket underneath and had a watch on the end.