Author Topic: Rebend item  (Read 1630 times)

Offline FitzChevalric_Ziener

• Playmo Enthusiast
Rebend item
« on: October 07, 2011, 08:39:12 »
I got the wedding church, but the rooster on top of the tower is bend. How can i bend it back, is there a way to soften the plastic.

Part Number: 30 07 6940 and then the lower part below arrow is bend

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: Rebend item
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 11:03:52 »
I guess you could heat it in hot water or with a hair dryer and try to bend it back that way. It depends on how much bended it is. could you post a pic?
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 12:24:14 »
Gaston is correct. As long as the plastic becomes hot enough to be pliable to reverse the damage. I recommend a hair dryer set on hot. You need to secure the rooster on a heat resistant surface. When it is hot enough, gently bend the rooster to its original position. You may need to wear protective gloves due to hot plastic being hard to touch with bare skin. Several attempts by reheating the rooster maybe needed to get the position correct. Be careful to watch while the position correcting process is taking place that if it stops moving easily to reheat it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 13:44:19 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 13:35:25 »
without seeing the photo (of how serious the bending is) another word of advice is that if the bent part has streaks of white (which is actually tiny cracks / air spaces), then just bend it back as suggested but dont make it any worse by heating or overbending etc hoping to make the white streaks disappear completely, they wont...they wont melt/fuse together. it better to do a bit at a time if its your first attempt.

Offline FitzChevalric_Ziener

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 07:59:11 »
All tnx for the reply, i will post picture later on. By my dad had a stroke and now my attention is a littlebit focused on that.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 08:05:12 »
I'm sorry to hear the news about your father; my thoughts and prayers are with you both.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 16:17:41 »
Yes, Gordon is definitely correct! We wish you all a favorable out come! Please let us know if there is any thing we can do & how things progress.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 19:53:11 »
So sorry to hear it! Our thoughts are definitely with you, and hoping for a speedy recovery for your father.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.