Author Topic: "Rules" of Customization  (Read 2649 times)

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
Re: "Rules" of Customization
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 20:42:21 »
I think I'd only really paint something if I wanted to create a custom and felt comfortable that I wouldn't look back on it if it goes wrong and go what the heck did I just do! Speaking from experience outside of Playmobil working with mainly Action Man has given me experience in trial and error, most modern figures you can get ten a penny common as muck and ebay, there's not much variation in hair style and colour so repainting hair in another colour means more variety.

I find some colours like blond are harder than others to do and I find it hard to be neat so several coats and something with a fine point to scrape excess paint of is often necessary. I've also repainted an old metal car I've had since I was really small where the paint started peeling, dread to think how I'd cope with painting Playmobil as it's much smaller parts and besides there's so many figures with Playmobil there's not really the same need for me to customise to add variety.       

Offline gaspodfreud

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 21:03:34 »
Hi , only one rule : all the playmobil must be broken and can be more nice than they are when i buy it ...   ;D

Offline EmGee

• Playmo Fanatic
  • "It ain't easy being plastic!"
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 21:54:09 »
This post couldn't have come at a better time! Sometimes I go a little crazy with the glue gun and the spray paint. But will not mess with my special figures... those go in a display case and brought out to be used in dioramas/stories etc. Stuff that is still available for sale from PM or easily found on ebay or other stores is fair game for me.
NOW... having said that, I'm thinking and rethinking about painting my victorian house(s). Got some partial houses and spare parts and have enough to put together a 5300-ish mansion (just in time for Halloween... look for "Uncle Karl's Spooky Mansion" lol)... some of the walls, etc. are discolored or yellowish... I'm thinking about painting them a nice neutral color... like a nice light gray or a neutral beige hue... not sure what to do yet.  ???
~EmGee~

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 23:40:35 »
Sounds like a great plan and a lot of fun!  ;D
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway