Author Topic: Pynedor's Playmobil Suggestions (Medieval, Fantasy, Natives, and more)  (Read 17827 times)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
A helmet with a pointy nose may also be nice.. I think its called a pig helmet or such. I'd also love to see a different sallet, with a smaller brim at the back and no feathers on top.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
A helmet with a pointy nose may also be nice.. I think its called a pig helmet or such. I'd also love to see a different sallet, with a smaller brim at the back and no feathers on top.

They have that Hounskull one. Is that what you mean? :) Take a look at number 14 in the helmet thread.
~Pynedor~

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Some more things that would be great if made:

1. Leather helmets - with flaps on the sides or without; these would be very useful for peasants and earlier fighters.
2. Dragonhide armour - snaps on like armour plates, and it could be in various colours.
3. Scabbards - ones that actually would fit the entire length of a sword or dagger's blade; they could hang on figures' backs.
4. Plate legs with white tabard bottom - these would be useful for sure, and it'd be cool to have more white-backed heraldries anyway.
5. Unicorns with saddles - it'd be cool to have saddles that would fit on unicorns, and unicorns that aren't shiny or... pink.
6. A proper falchion - a good falchion like the Conyers; this is greatly needed for earlier knights and crusaders!
7. Double swordbelts - I think it'd be cool to have swordbelts with twos slots, so you could give a figure a main-gauche, dagger, or offhand weapon at their side.
8. Chainmail printing - it'd be great to have a figure with chainmail printing on the torso and legs.
9. White hood - this would come in great use, as would hoods in many other colours than are currently available. 

That's all that comes to mind right now, but I'm sure I'll think of more soon. :lol:
~Pynedor~

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
I believe some vikings come with what could be called a leather helmet/hat. No flaps though.

You do have some good ideas there, I like the idea of a scabbard. Problem with two slots in a belt might be that it could get a bit full, but with one scabbard on the belt and one crossways over the back it might still give plenty of room for weapons.

Speaking of hoods, it might be nice to see additional models of those too. Maybe something that is a bit lower, to make for a more mysterious character. Maybe a bit thinner as well.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
I believe some vikings come with what could be called a leather helmet/hat. No flaps though.

I know which hat you're talking of, and it does seem to be a sort of leather one. It'd be cool to have some more like it though.

Speaking of hoods, it might be nice to see additional models of those too. Maybe something that is a bit lower, to make for a more mysterious character. Maybe a bit thinner as well.

An excellent idea! :)
~Pynedor~

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: Pynedor's Playmobil Suggestions (Medieval, Fantasy, Natives, and more)
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2012, 15:51:24 »
Here are some more suggestions that I've been thinking about!

1. A watchtower - this would be a set that is a single, round tower with multiple levels with, say, sleeping quarters, a kitchen, weapons and armour storage, and such; of course, the top would serve as the lookout area where warriors would watch for enemies. This set would be extremely versatile, since it could be used for basically anything that a tower would be used for, including Fairy Tale uses. It could even come with multiple hanging banners for different heraldries, or these could be offered for purchase separately, within the Tournament Knight collecting sets that I mentioned earlier.

2. A wooden staff - another staff like (or a re-issue of) the one that looks like an actual branch in the older druid/wizard sets.

3. Vambraces or gauntlets - for the thick wristed figures; I dislike these thick wrists very much, but if they have to stay around, we need some sort of vambraces or gauntlets that fit them. The leather ones that have been out are okay, but they really aren't as good as the old ones for the normal wrists.

4. Monsters - it might be cool to have some monsters to fight, maybe with knights matched against them; these could be creatures based on those from real Medieval or earlier legends like Beowulf, the Nibelungenlied, the Mabinogion, or they could be completely original or well-known such as dragons, serpents, or the like. I know there have been sets like this, but it'd be great to have some new ones or ones that incorporate some of the older parts.

5. A European dragon - a dragon that is more similar to the older Playmobil dragons instead of the more cartoon-like ones of the Dragon Knights theme.

6. A Skeleton Horde - this could be like a new evil faction, made up of enchanted skeletons; they could have special armour made for them and get turnable wrists and heads that can equip helms and such.

Some cool ideas for some new Specials:

1. A Medieval Minstrel or Bard - with instruments, parchments, and Medieval attire.
2. A Medieval Maiden - could be stereotypical with birds or small animals, like the Dove Girl 4526; we just need more figures like this really.
3. Another Dragon Slayer - a new model of the Dragon Slayer figure, with detailed and magical looking armour and weapons, like the original.
4. A Smith - with apron, hammer, anvil, a few wares, and maybe a small bellows and some coals (if it's a Special Plus).
5. An Armoured Knight - just a knight in unpainted armour; I think it'd be cool to have a fully armoured knight that has no specific heraldry.
6. Falconer - a Medieval falconer with a few birds and maybe some feed.
7. Pigeon Keeper with cages - a keeper of some messaging pigeons, with little scrolls and a few in a cage.

I reckon that's all for now. :)
~Pynedor~

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: Pynedor's Playmobil Suggestions (Medieval, Fantasy, Natives, and more)
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2012, 16:21:15 »
I've been thinking recently about something that seems to be missing - Medieval pointed shoes, or shoes with curled up toes. It would be great to have these available on some figures, and they look great! They could be made as part of the legs, the same way that shoes are now, but some of the Medieval folk could have pointed shoes or boots to complement their other clothing. Of course, we'd need more medieval folk for this to happen!  :lol:
~Pynedor~

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
With the release of the Dwarves theme today, I thought I'd take another look at this thread. I am quite surprised by the number of things I posted here almost six years ago that have been released since, including:

1. Dwarves
2. Various Wizards
3. Tournament Knights
4. Plate Legs with White Tabard Bottoms
5. Chainmail Printing on Torsos and Legs
6. Rereleases of the Old Wooden Staff
7. Vambraces for Thick Wrists
8. Another Dragon Slayer
9. A European Dragon
10. A Smith

Rhalius also mentioned smaller crossbows in his posts in the thread, which some of the new dwarves have.

Has Playmobil seen this post? Probably not, but the recent releases have been quite good for those who collect Medieval fantasy! :D

Among the things that I would still like the most though:
1. Frog-mouthed Tilting Helm
2. Falchion
3. White hood
4. Weapon, Armour, Cloak, and Accessory Sets
5. More Wizards and Other Magic Users and Items
6. Druids
7. More Medieval Buildings
8. More Crusader Sets
9. Tournament Pavilions

I was surprised by one of the new wands (30 25 9202) that was released with the Fairy sets too, but it's not very useful in pink (there's a blue one included in the new set 9330 (30 06 8662), but I haven't seen one of those yet). Since it looks to be made of some kind of twisted, magical wood, it would be nice to have a brown or black variety (or perhaps, due to the softer material used with the mould, a silvery colour).
~Pynedor~

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
Things that are really missing from the mediæval theme are peasant girl (child), plow, white coif (which should replace hair) which comes in both round top and indented top for taking a hat.

The plow probably isn't that important but the other two are. Especially the coif which should also come in child sizes.

What I'd love to see is a close fitting hood. The hood would click together around the head which would then give you a nice form fitting hood and the possibility of having each half a different colour.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
And curly toes! (On your list of things-which-have-come-to-pass)
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)