Author Topic: 5405 General and his Aid  (Read 3405 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 5405 General and his Aid
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2013, 16:46:40 »

The general has a stripe on his pants; the aide doesn't. Why does the medal need to be upside down?

It is the general.

The medal doesn't need to be upside down, it's just that on the figure I have it was put on upside down by the previous owner. (My mistype of "be" for "been" didn't help; sometimes the keys don't always seem to work.)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2013, 13:55:55 »
It is the general.

The medal doesn't need to be upside down, it's just that on the figure I have it was put on upside down by the previous owner. (My mistype of "be" for "been" didn't help; sometimes the keys don't always seem to work.)

Oh, okay, that makes sense.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2013, 15:41:48 »
Nice set, great pictures, thanks for sharing. Thanks especially for opening the packaging to reveal the contents clearly.

I know this comment will cause a sharp intake of breath in certain quarters but here goes anyway: Why would anyone want to buy Playmobil in a sealed box and then NOT open it? (Its a rhetorical question folks, I know there are rational answers, it just boggles me why people do it 8})

I am glad you did (open the box and baggie). If a few more people opened their MISB sets (especially early ones) we could get a more definitive idea of what these sets contained. Geobra don't seem to want to say. Datenbank-Setinhalt on Klickywelt does have a good range of photos of early sets, some of them from MISB examples, but frustratingly some of them are pictures of sealed baggies of bits!

Actually, I do have one MISB set, a 4430 which came in a bubble pack and my wife said I shouldn't open it  :hmm:, so I'm really a hypocrite to post the above comments! :-[
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2013, 16:07:53 »
:lol: I understand keeping a 2nd set in the box, but I'm not going to keep my 1st of a particular set all sealed up. The blister packs aren't so bad sealed up because you can see the klicky; the boxes don't lend themselves to being displayed in package.

I'm trying to photograph any old MISB sets, as well as scan old sticker sheets, I open because it helps when completing already opened sets. Sometimes there are surprises, like the pretzel guy's bucket.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2013, 08:12:15 »
... the pretzel guy's bucket.
I am intrigued- can you say more?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2013, 08:18:25 »
Basically, he comes with a little green bucket that neither I nor several other people knew about.

Here's the bag opening post:
http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=12619.0

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2013, 20:27:41 »
Lovely set very nice uniforms and decoration all round on the hat bands and stuff particularly with the medal I like that bit a lot and the big Top Secret on the case maybe not best for a spy mission  ;D .  The faces are both very nice they make a really good pair and the boxart is good as well  :)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2013, 20:38:34 »
Basically, he comes with a little green bucket that neither I nor several other people knew about.

Here's the bag opening post:
http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=12619.0
Thanks for that, Ismene- I missed that topic. (No sign of that bucket on PlaymoDB nor the Box-Art picture- quite a surprise!)
Graham

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2013, 09:52:41 »
Thanks for that, Ismene- I missed that topic. (No sign of that bucket on PlaymoDB nor the Box-Art picture- quite a surprise!)
Graham

It's like they threw it in at the last minute.

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2013, 13:53:22 »
It's like they threw it in at the last minute.

Or it was a mistake, an accident, coincidence and maybe only in your set?
I also have a blister set where the pirat wears an old instead of a new beard. I have seen this only once so far.
Is this bucket confirmed by others?