Author Topic: 5632 - Jim's Food Truck  (Read 4890 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: 5632 - Jim's Food Truck
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 14:42:40 »
Thanks for the detailed pics :)

I am looking forward to this one as well.. and will need extra food parts.

The burger seems very well thought of.

The van is very much like the DHL one (I just assembled it this weekend), but the side doors on the other are top to bottom.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 15:36:23 »
Excellent review, thanks a lot Tiermann  :wave:

This is indeed an instant classic that will give Frankie's a run for his money. Poor Frankie's!
The new food items are what excite me most of all. The burger can be assembled and everything. And there's a ketchup and mayo bottle, hadn't noticed that before either.

You're right, it's a must have.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 19:09:41 »
It can even show up at your knight or Western battles if you like mixing your themes at all.

Or a mediaeval re-enactmenr diorama.

Great review ans photos, Tim; many thanks.

I had wondered if it might have a hatch each side, like some ice-cream vans do, with a view to converting it into a small fire engine (although it could make a good fire service canteen van).
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2015, 20:02:21 »
And this seals it!  I have to get at least one! Awesome looking set! Thanks for the review.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2015, 23:53:31 »
Thanks for the review Tim.  :thanks:
I must get this when it's available here.
I got the fries, hot dogs, burgers and drinks cups through ds for Kirkbean and I loved them!
One thing though, it says that the burger buns come in sets of three so I bought burgers and lettuce to match but actually they came in sets of two.
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2015, 00:34:56 »
Nice review, Tiermann. This is a cool set. And the last picture is great. :)
~Pynedor~

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2015, 01:11:27 »
Great review Tim.  This set seems very well thought out.  I really like all the food items and the fact that they can be held by the klickies.  I agree that it would be at home in any PM city scape.  It is a great addition to the line. 

Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2015, 03:14:33 »
Great review, and I love the Food Truck.

Quote from: skypurr
One thing though, it says that the burger buns come in sets of three so I bought burgers and lettuce to match but actually they came in sets of two.

That's very useful information: I've got the hamburgers listed to order from Parts, and yes, I'd written down x3 lettuces, x3 burgers for each set of burger buns.  I'll correct it now.
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2015, 13:55:19 »
Great review Tim. This is a must have for us and I am trying to figure out how to use multiples of it . Perhaps changing the name and adding new food items will do the trick.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2015, 17:01:23 »
Yeah I was thinking you could remove the paint and do new graphics and make it a Chinese food truck, and maybe paint one blue with wave designs and call it Sharky's and do sea food. Maybe replace the small sign fin with a big shark fin on the back of the truck. :D