Author Topic: 1000th Playmobil set  (Read 10057 times)

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
Re: 1000th Playmobil set
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 16:29:41 »
Congratulations Surfergirl!  The first 1000 sets are the hardest, right Richard? After that it gets a little easier.

Could you give us a list of your sets with pictures? Just kidding, good job and have fun with yur new goodies.

Gepetto

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 18:35:13 »
The problem with this is, there are many more Playmobil collectors in Europe, & abroad than here in the US. Even if we could start a collectors gathering here, it would not be as dedicated as in those places  :'(.

I know what you mean, Bill. I don't seem to be able to make it to them either. I've only been to a (very) few of those meetings and except for one or two they've been always been rather small affairs (but extremely enjoyable, to be honest).

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 19:06:18 »
I know what you mean, Bill. I don't seem to be able to make it to them either. I've only been to a (very) few of those meetings and except for one or two they've been always been rather small affairs (but extremely enjoyable, to be honest).

Bogro

It is so concentrated here @ Playmofriends with collectors that I forget that I am probably the only person within hundreds of miles that even collects Playmobil in my part of the world  :-\, besides finding someone who collects the same themes, & willing to admit they have a passion for Playmobil too  :-[!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline surfergirl

• PCC Member
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008, 20:32:36 »
hey guys,

would you believe that i do have them listed (that makes them easier to count lol :lol:)   not on any fancy computer tho, just on paper in a special folder.

they are spread over many themes although mostly modern living and a complete set of victorian. unusually for a collector, i only have a handful of knights or pirates, and there are a few duplicates but only maybe 10.

i have had Playmobil since 1980 when i was just 5 although i wouldn't say that it really became a collection until i was really too old to play with it... but still wanted an excuse to buy it.  the ones i had as a kid are mostly unboxed, but at a guess i would say that around 900 of them are boxed.  there is a room in my house that i keep them all in, stored in clear reallyusefulboxes (84L) and i like to go in there after a days work just to chill out.

my main aim next is to acquire a 5ft lifesize Playmo person...i reckon i can just about fit one into the room also to guard the collection lol  :lol:

best regards,
claire

I wish I lived in Germany!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2008, 04:04:24 »
I do not recall any pictures ? I may be mistaken but if you have not how about showing us some of this special room  :camera: Maybe we could virtually unwind looking at the image ;D
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2008, 07:12:06 »
hey guys,

would you believe that i do have them listed (that makes them easier to count lol :lol:)   not on any fancy computer tho, just on paper in a special folder.

they are spread over many themes although mostly modern living and a complete set of victorian. unusually for a collector, i only have a handful of knights or pirates, and there are a few duplicates but only maybe 10.

i have had Playmobil since 1980 when i was just 5 although i wouldn't say that it really became a collection until i was really too old to play with it... but still wanted an excuse to buy it.  the ones i had as a kid are mostly unboxed, but at a guess i would say that around 900 of them are boxed.  there is a room in my house that i keep them all in, stored in clear reallyusefulboxes (84L) and i like to go in there after a days work just to chill out.

I get the chilling out in a room surrounded by Playmobil, Claire, but I'm not too old to still play with Playmobil yet, being only 42  ;D so most of my stuff is unboxed.

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2008, 13:26:04 »
When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought that we were celebrating the announcement of Playmobil's 1000th set!  Then I found out that Claire was celebrating her own triumph! That is really amazing!   :wow:

:confetti:   :confetti:  Congratulations, Claire!  :confetti:  :confetti:
- Anne
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 03:52:40 »

1000! 8} :P :love:

Wow!
That's great! I have about ay ... 15 sets (that came in boxes) and a lot of bits, that came some other way ;D

I think I'm going to count them up, to have the exact number ... It'll be interesting to reach ## 100, 500, 1000! :D

(I can't count the ones of my childhood, though ... 'Cause I neither have them, nor would remember them all ... However I've been thinking about making such a list ... It might be possible to reach a close amount ... Even with duplicates. (I had very few duplicates, in childhood, but a few ...))

CoNgRatZULaTzIONS!!!,
btw :yup:

:yippee: :woohoo: <:> :**: :confetti: :*) :clap: :)9
 :cheerlead: :bunny: <:> :!: :woohoo: :confetti: :yippee: :(o):
 :*) <:> <:> :confetti: :woohoo: :yippee: :cheerlead: :yippee:

& thanks for sharing such extraodinary deed!
It gives us all kind ideas about our own collections!

Cheers!
 :wave:

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 13:06:48 »
I get the chilling out in a room surrounded by Playmobil, Claire, but I'm not too old to still play with Playmobil yet, being only 42  ;D so most of my stuff is unboxed.

Are we ever too old  ;)? I can sort of see myself in a wheel chair sitting at a table surrounded by my collection, & grandchildren's children saying; I remember when,............you get the picture  :P!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline surfergirl

• PCC Member
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2008, 16:22:41 »
I get that same feeling Bill  ;)

I will try to post some pics soon...its a long room and because of the boxes piled up both sides it makes it quite hard to get a decent pic of all the boxes at the same time. i will do my best though  :crossed:

claire :wave:
I wish I lived in Germany!