Author Topic: Hello from Virginia, USA!  (Read 858 times)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
Re: Hello from Virginia, USA!
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2024, 05:05:01 »
90% of the stores in my area listed on PM's site as carrying PM no longer carry PM

Same in my area (Oregon). I asked in one and they said it just wasn't selling. Probably most is ordered online, by people who already know the brand. And with the recent crapification, even fewer will encounter beautiful sets.

It's over for PM in the US.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2024, 00:33:44 »
Welcome from Oregon!

A couple of years ago Playmobil USA upped their minimum orders too high for most smaller shops to make so many toy stores dropped them. I suppose the company thought they could get bigger orders or reduce costs, but what it actually did is lose them visibility in a big way. Of course there is also the shift online and Amazon carries a big chunk of their releases.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2024, 09:59:36 »
Welcome, George! It is great that you joined our forum. :welcome:

I live in Munich/Bavaria, and even here Playmobil is disappearing rapidly from the shops. But I do enjoy the free shipping of the playmobil.de web store. I've read elsewhere that you are experiencing trouble to get what you want from the US web store, so want you to know that I am familiar in this forum for providing a forwarding service. You still pay for the shipping from me to you, which isn't cheap (2 kg €18.49, 5 kg €47.99 with prices rising), but that's it. I'm also happy to repackage so that you don't pay for shipping air. Keep your eyes open for actions at the playmobil.de web store: if you act smartly, the savings can exceed the aforementioned shipping costs.

Enjoy the forum! :wave:

StJohn

Offline Alex4420

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2024, 14:04:02 »
Ah, I am jealous... one of the life's greatest experiences in sitting in the Viktualienmarkt in late October with a pretzel and a glass of Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weiße, listening to all of Munich talk... one day I will return.

I will keep your offer in mind, and thank you!