Author Topic: Ghost knight?  (Read 2833 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Ghost knight?
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2017, 08:01:02 »
I really don't think it's stripped. The golden one, old, looks nothing like it. Got one in an ebay lot. And the plastic FEELS different, you know?

Anyways, the seller found him years ago in a "flea market" in Germany a couple of years ago.. So most likely reject parts from the factory. The ones we would gladly buy.  >:(

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 08:53:29 »
Some of the Maltese sellers assemble klickies from whatever factory-reject parts they have. I wondered if some of these parts were from the white plastic used to clean through the injection moulding machines between different colour runs. That might explain the different feel of the plastic and the fact that all the parts look so similar. Nice curiosity!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2017, 09:16:31 »
Some of the Maltese sellers assemble klickies from whatever factory-reject parts they have. I wondered if some of these parts were from the white plastic used to clean through the injection moulding machines between different colour runs. That might explain the different feel of the plastic and the fact that all the parts look so similar. Nice curiosity!

Theh knight was bought here, but the seller bought him in Germany..

More details when I pop him ;)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2017, 20:45:05 »

They do that?!

So they biff the stuff afterwards? Damn, if so they could have sold that on the pcc and it would have sold!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2017, 09:43:43 »
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2017, 15:34:00 »
Mystery solved - this guy is the knight from Series 1.

When I saw he had a figure frame + head, I recognized him! :)

I REALLY don't think the parts are stripped. I think they are made of a different material.. I need to look at the series 1 knight..

As you can see, there is no trace of any other material.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2017, 19:14:33 »
???
;D
It can mean hit, as in a bit of biffo - fisticuffs, but it's also used here to mean throw out, get rid of, as well.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2017, 09:52:05 »
There may be some question about whether PM Malta biff the stuff or whether employees filch it!

I knew the fisticuffs meaning of 'biff' (as would anyone who has read Beano or Dandy comics!) but not the 'chuck out' meaning. Thanks Klickteryx!

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2017, 01:44:22 »
It could be resin too. Maybe someone cast the pieces? So many mysteries, so little time to muse. ;D

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2017, 08:42:04 »
I forgot to check the original figures knight.

I keep my opinion, though. These are factory made parts - either as mistakes, tests or gods know what.

I caught others in Malta lots - helmets, surgeon hats...