Author Topic: Scooby Ghosts & Villains #1 The Castle Ghost  (Read 7007 times)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Scooby Ghosts & Villains #10 Zen Tuo
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2020, 16:58:22 »
The black & white face of Zen Tuo is only seen in the very beginning of Mystery Mask Mix-Up. For the rest of the episode he wears the golden bejeweled mask which is the subject of the mystery.

The golden mask was accidentally sold to Daphne, so art dealer Mr. A Fong became Zen Tuo in order to obtain its return.

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Scooby Ghosts & Villains #11 The Creeper
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2020, 17:40:59 »
The Creeper is a sort of mock Frankenstein monster who runs about yelling, "CREEEEEPAAAAAHHH!" He is seen in Jeepers it's the Creeper. I suppose the PM figure carries an eyeball as it begs the question: "Where'd you get that Peeper?"

The villain is actually Mr. Deacon Carswell, the bank president, who would rob the bank by day then disguise himself at night as the Creeper in order to shift the blame from himself. Carswell was discovered after he was secretly photographed emptying the vault.

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Scooby Ghosts & Villains #12 The Witch Doctor
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2020, 20:57:53 »
Scooby & the gang are vacationing in Hawaii in A Tiki Scare is No Fair.

John Simms, the tour-guide for the Hawaiian trip, was the Witch Doctor. He wanted to frighten away the native villagers & poach their pearls.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 23:17:21 by JLMatterer »

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Scooby Ghosts & Villains #13 The Headless Horseman
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2020, 23:14:53 »
The Headless Horseman is the only ghost from series 1 that is not from the original series, Scooby-Doo, Where Are You. It is instead from the much later series called The Scooby-Doo Show (1976). It sadly features the regrettable character of Scooby-Doo's brother, Scooby-Dum. This is the only video that I don't have uploaded to Facebook; I've provided a link to Dailymotion instead. The Headless Horseman of Halloween.

Partway through the story, the Horseman removes his pumpkin head, making him truly headless; this is perhaps why the PM figure has reversible faces, with one being blank. After this occurrence, there is the thin ploy of the Horseman "stealing" Ellwood Crane's head.

As can be seen in the cartoon version, the large pockets on the PM figure are not on the pants, but on the jacket, which I hadn't noticed before.

The Headless Horseman was, of course, cousin Ellwood, essentially a no-brainer to deduce, who wished to steal Aunt Agatha's diamonds.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Scooby Ghosts & Villains #1 The Castle Ghost
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2020, 23:38:25 »
Thanks for this Jim!
One of the things I really like about this series is how close they were able to get to the actual characters. They did an amazingly good job of using existing molds but getting the characters through paint and coloring. The only original molds for the figures part are I think are the jack-o-lantern head, the miner's beard, the mask for the Indian Doctor and Tiki, and the snow ghost head. (the ghost sheet with arms out of course is new also) Everything else is done with printing and clever parts usage.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2020, 16:41:24 »
Thank you :)

I have no recollection of these, and it's great to have an in depth comparison.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2020, 08:14:08 »
Those ghosts featured in episodes 3, 1, 2 and 4 respectively of Series 1, according to Wikipedia.

Thanks again, Jim! It's great to see all the villains and their costumes. Some disappointing attempts (Like the Indian Witch Doctor), but not bad on the whole, with only 5 new molds created, as Tiermann pointed out.

The full episode list is 3, 1, 2, 4, 5, 10, 11, 15, 17 (all Series 1), 19, 20, 23 (Series 2) and that last one from The Scooby-Doo Show. I didnt realise the Headless Horseman has a reversible head (though perhaps if it had been printed all black that would have worked better? Or green, for a live-action green-screen effect?).

I can't wait for the second group of ghosts!

With 200 views (mainly from Guests, I suspect, as there are always many more of them than registered users here on PF) of this topic at the moment, I think your work has been well appreciated, Jim!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 08:31:09 by GrahamB »
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2020, 14:47:42 »
I can't wait for the second group of ghosts!

With 200 views (mainly from Guests, I suspect, as there are always many more of them than registered users here on PF) of this topic at the moment, I think your work has been well appreciated, Jim!

Thanks for the assignment, Graham! I haven't counted my total of mystery figures yet, but it's probably close to 100. I've been really charmed by them. I'm looking fwd to series 2, as well. This post is also proving to be popular on the AMClicks forum.

EDIT - I counted; I have 111 of the mystery ghosts, plus two of the Castle Ghost, giving me the spooky # of 113.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 18:37:03 by JLMatterer »

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2020, 17:53:00 »
True scholarship!  :clap:

Wonder why they changed the shape of the top lip on the Witch Doctor  ???
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2022, 01:21:27 »
Aaaahhhh...the original Scooby-Doo series....what bizarre reality is this where most thieves' idea is to dress up as a monster/ghost/other and scare people? ??? You think most people would catch on by now lol.  :lol: