Author Topic: 4876 Agent Super-Racer  (Read 9407 times)

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
Re: 4876 Agent Super-Racer
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2010, 12:44:04 »
Thanks for the review Amir. The whole theme really is geared towards more action packed playing, which is in line with what kids want these days. So much action everywhere they expect toys to bring some action as well.

I think it's a neat little set and could very well make it to "my sons" xmas list *grin*

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2010, 15:23:33 »
Heh heh - that 'TURBO' decal at the back of the car ... not very Fleming, is it? This looks like a chav-mobile rather than a posh ride fit for the discerning secret agent. But then again, it's only a toy.  ;) Great review.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 03:14:36 »
Thanks for the review and pictures, Amir.  I would have liked this set when I was a child, so perhaps Playmobil has done a good job with it.  That said, it has little appeal to me now.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2010, 09:23:01 »
Thanks for the great review, Socrates :wave:

I must say the whole secret agent theme is growing on me (will never like the boxes) and I think I may have to buy one of this now, after I slated the whole theme before it came out :lol:

Damo :)

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2010, 09:31:29 »
I don't like the klicky - there's too much printing going on. They could at least have given him proper detachable sunglasses  ::)

I'm a massive James Bond fan but I don't know ... the set is way way way too basic. So many accessories they could have included but all you get is a measly briefcase and a pistol.

Do any of the other sets in the series feature a femme fatale klicky at least?
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline BlueWizard

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2010, 16:19:27 »
Thanks for the great review - and pix - socrates!  I think you have me warming up to this theme (will I be another playmofan adding a new theme to my collection?). Now that you've mentioned it - are we going to see a picture of your 007 with a bikini clad Bond girl? :o :lol:

David

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2010, 02:07:18 »
Thank you for the great pics and review Socrates! I'm starting to like these agent sets know....  :love:  :love:  :love: I really liked this car. I didn't read through it clearly...but does it float too??

Baden  :wave:
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2010, 06:38:41 »
Hey Baden!  :wave:

It is actually floating!  :D
Though, I am not sure whether or not it can dive as the original bond car could...  :P

best,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2012, 08:21:12 »
i finally caved in and bought this car today.  LOVE it!  Though I ended up spraypainting the rims CHROME (instead of the cheezy plastic orange it came in).  And I threw in my bikini beach girl next to the agent so he'd have some company on one of  his solo missions....though he should be wary, the more beautiful, the deadlier!

I have to admit, though, not a big fan of the graphics on the car.... especially the "TURBO" word on the rear trunk lid, and the horribly applied brake lights and side marker "lense" graphics.  Would have been better if the marker lights and brake lights were actual lenses like the headlights (at least the headlights weren't painted on though).

The design of the rear "trunk" area does look as if they could use the same mould with a different trunk lid if they wanted to release this car as a civilian model sans boosters and wings.  I do wish it had a roof though.  I can fabricate one, but there's not enough room for the clickies heads; they're heads already protrude from the top of the open roof, sadly.  grrrr

I love the missiles....these are the strongest firing missiles I've ever had on any toy!  I wonder how well they fire under water?

I plan to disassemble the chassis...I want to see if there is styrofoam inside (instructions/box do not mention a water mode, or use in water as most water PM toys do).  I'm curious if it truly is made to float on water on purpose.  No slot for underwater motor that I can see though (that would be cool).

I'm going to keep this one stock so my son can bang it around and play with it underwater too, but I plan to buy 2 more, one to paint gloss black, the other to paint chrome silver, and maybe 2 more to do in candy red and another in blue.  The interior isn't detailed enough IMO... I wish the entire dash and interior were moulded in seperate pieces in different colours than white.

And to make its transformation complete, I wish the wheels could turn to face downward (similar to the Delorean in Back To the Future, or like in the Bond movie).  Makes for an excellent base for a custom though :)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 08:32:25 by BlackPearl2006 »
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2012, 15:44:31 »
Must resist... MUST resist.....