Author Topic: 4866 New castle!!!  (Read 28088 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: 4866 New castle!!!
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2010, 04:50:52 »
Could you show us a picture of a klicky standing behind the curtain wall battlements for height comparison?

I will once I get back from the weekend Martin!

First off, thanks for the wonderful detailed review Wolfie, it has really helped to see all the details.

Thanks!!!  :) :) :)

I'm amazed that they've created a Frankencastle, which is not compatible with previous System X nor Steck castle parts, yet uses both system X connectors and steck-like connectors. That seems like a miracle of muddled thinking.

As Gordon says, as it's modular it will certainly be customisable to some extent, but limited to pieces from this system. The switch between connection types further limits expansion possibilities. The holes in the angled sections beside the gate beguiled me into thinking this was a clip system castle, and I think there are clips in there holding pieces together. The resultant holes are ugly.

Yes those holes look really annoying...I forgot to mention that.. they eliminated system x holes visibilityt and then, there you have it... I still cannot understand this use, or since its a clip system if there is anything underneath, but as I mentiond earlier, it gives the wall good stability as a single unit...but not as a castle on the whole.

I'd like to see a round tower in this system, and maybe they have plans to produce one to replace a wall section or extend the existing curtain walls.

There is a round tower that might fit form the new bigger castle 4865..and there are some extensions through DS. We'll see in the future!

The new gate design is nice, and the inclusion of ladders answers a few questiosn that the system X gate posed.

Looking forward to more details and your experiments on developing the castle further.

Offline grangel

• Playmo Master
  • Medieval military designer
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2010, 06:27:54 »
i HAD TO AGREE WITH ALEX.iT IS BettER THAN THE 3268 Royal Castle as a more stable constraction but it is looks as a toy in comparison with the steck system.As it looks for Playmobil the future shows better Knights and worst castles.
If Playmobil hellas make a present it will be the only way that i will own this castle.

THANK YOU GUYS FOR MAKING ME A STECK JUNKY.

I'm already thinking of donating my 3268 castle.

Panos GREAT JOB!!!!!!
THANK YOU FOR SHARING WITH US!!!!!!

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2010, 08:10:13 »
thanks so much for this informative review. but i have a question, since i do not own any steck whatsoever: don't steck castles fall apart when picked up?  ??? ??? ???
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2010, 08:16:35 »
thanks so much for this informative review. but i have a question, since i do not own any steck whatsoever: don't steck castles fall apart when picked up?  ??? ??? ???

Steck once put together is very hard to pull apart, maybe too hard as I have seen Steck with broken tabs.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2010, 08:39:47 »
Playmofire is correct Bolingbroke! It needs to be pulled harder in order to be separated!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2010, 12:42:04 »
This is a great review Sir Wolf and thansk for taking the time to take all these pictures and the detailed analysis.

I dont see at all teh rational nor the beuty of these new hybrid system. I still see holes on the walls and a very strange and non realisitc inside wall design. Plastics dont seem of the quality of original steck ( as in dragonland series ) and the entire design and colour combo as i said in anotehr thread reminds me of some cheap chinese castel sets. Harsh words, yes , and they deserve to he harshe , playmobil after more than 2 decaded of steck and their success should have come up with something better than these sets. I am thankfull for this review, I would rather get a 3667 than this castle I am afraid .

Playmobil Mediaval is getting worse and worse since the mid/late 90s. After these awful system x castels now this . A larger steck castle with different colours like the later red/yellow steck houses, a new front gate as this one ( thats hte only feature i liked actually) and a couple of new walls for steck houses PLUS a new type of steck fortification ( a bit taller perhaps ) would have worked wonders for a grand steck new castle

This one , well lets just say i wont be getting it at all and stick to good old steck hoping they realise they are making worse and worse castles and that they go back to steck with modifications as the ones mentioned above and no more of these attrocities ...  :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2010, 12:51:02 »
This is a great review Sir Wolf and thansk for taking the time to take all these pictures and the detailed analysis.

I dont see at all teh rational nor the beuty of these new hybrid system. I still see holes on the walls and a very strange and non realisitc inside wall design. Plastics dont seem of the quality of original steck ( as in dragonland series ) and the entire design and colour combo as i said in anotehr thread reminds me of some cheap chinese castel sets. Harsh words, yes , and they deserve to he harshe , playmobil after more than 2 decaded of steck and their success should have come up with something better than these sets. I am thankfull for this review, I would rather get a 3667 than this castle I am afraid .

Playmobil Mediaval is getting worse and worse since the mid/late 90s. After these awful system x castels now this . A larger steck castle with different colours like the later red/yellow steck houses, a new front gate as this one ( thats hte only feature i liked actually) and a couple of new walls for steck houses PLUS a new type of steck fortification ( a bit taller perhaps ) would have worked wonders for a grand steck new castle

This one , well lets just say i wont be getting it at all and stick to good old steck hoping they realise they are making worse and worse castles and that they go back to steck with modifications as the ones mentioned above and no more of these attrocities ...  :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

I dunno, the castle is not horrible. I would prefer a steck one, but hey there are some useful parts here.
(I even have an idea to make a Samurai castle with a few of these parts! ;D )
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2010, 12:56:07 »
The holes on the walls, the interior of these walls , WoT I am afraid its a horrible looking castle

I bought my first playmobil castle in the late 70s nad i have been buying playmobil since then . I think the mediaval castles are getting worse despite some nice features liek this gate, this is not enough !!!!! Old steck walls were detailed both sides etc , these new castles do indeed look like these cheap chinese castel toy sets sold in open air fairs for 9.99 or something . Sorry but as a Playmobil afficionado , buying these since the 70s I am very very very dissapointed ......  >:( >:( >:( >:(
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2010, 15:16:24 »
Playmobil Mediaval is getting worse and worse since the mid/late 90s. After these awful system x castels now this

getteing worse in the mid /late 90's  why ? ??? ??? ??? both 3666, 3667 steck castles and 3665 rock castle were at the market until 2003 (2004 in greece)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2010, 15:25:56 »
Thanks for the great detailed review, lots of interesting bits there to discuss.