Author Topic: 3632 set review  (Read 5552 times)

Offline Abbot Hamilton

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Diet of Worms?
3632 set review
« on: May 27, 2010, 05:42:54 »
Some months ago, eighteen to be exact  :-[, cachalote asked me to review 3632. Well after a major computer melt down last year and one new computer and camera later, better late than never.

3632 box cover

Close up of the three klickies or the Zhivago's as I call them.
Left to right, Yuri, Lara and Tanya. My favourite piece is the cossack hat. The printing on the shawl is magnificent.

The star of the show. I don't think he's heard of PETA!

One small tree comes with the set. I wish there were more.

Bridle, reins, knapsack, tambourine, recorder/flute and bear dancing persuasion device! Pity there is no balilaika.

I bought this MISB in 2005 and paid what i thought was a lot($25) at the time. Seeing what it goes for now on Ebay, I'm glad i have it. Political correctness aside, this is an important educational toy for children, as it really does bring alive the medieval age. The set had a limited shelf life and i don't think it was available in the UK or US.

The colours, printing are brilliant, the characters superbly realised and i would say there are no drawbacks to the set apart from the limited piece count. Maybe a wishing well would have been a good addition to this set. Anyway my kids love it and their favourite is of course the bear.

So lets raise a glass for the travelling bear act.

" Oh no, Yuri let go ! "

" What's that you say ? A bear ! "

" Oh no, my wine ! "

" Yuri ! Tell it i'm a Franciscan! "

" He isn't you know. "

Abbot Hamilton

O brother where for art thou?

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: 3632 set review
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 05:49:46 »
This is a great review Abbot Hamilton!!! Great pictures on the klickies, accessories and parts!!

I manage to get Yuri and Tanya from a german ebay seller as i do not think i'll get this set complete. Its in my wish list but rather towards the end of it.... Love these klickies!! Loved your ending story too!!! You have a good eye!!! Well done!!

This was indeed one of the best sets, along with the Merry Men (managed to finally get one for 120 euros boxed and unopened) and the hunting party (which i still missing)!!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 06:26:11 by Wolf Knight »

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 05:57:24 »
Great set review. And after WK's words I am very happy I was already infected with the PM fever way back when and I think we have this + the feast + the hunting party and bought them from the shelf.

Thinking back they are indeed great sets :-)

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 07:32:57 »
Great review and very funny too! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is a great looking set, with some interesting parts too - I've got one of those girls somewhere, and now I know what set she come from :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 11:03:37 »
Thank you for an entertaining and informative view, Abbot H.  In some ways it's sad that this set was not marketed worldwide because it is one way of getting across to children the cruelty of training animals to do something alien to them.  If we whitewash over the bad things of the past, then we run the risk of repeating them.

Would you be able to provide us with some close-ups of the printing on the shawl, please?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 11:21:11 »
 :lol: :lol:
Awesome!

:wave:

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 15:15:37 »
Great review and excellent photos, thank you Abbott Hamilton! I really like the look of the klickies and would also like to see a close-up of the shawl if at all possible, thanks again!  :wave:

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 16:47:38 »
Lovely review, Abbot Hamilton!  The lady is well-photographed at PlaymoDB: hover or click to enlarge photos.

30 14 0500 - Female Bear Handler

I like their given names and may borrow them to assign to these characters!
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 17:06:38 »
Thanks for the terrific review, A.H.!  I literally laughed out loud (LLOL?) 

I love this set and I always pretended to myself that the bear is no danger to his little human family, is a great companion to them, and is so devoted to them that he voluntarily wears the chain so that strangers can feel safe around him.  Your photostory tears that little theory to shreds!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

By the way, that set was available in US toy stores some years ago - that is how I originally acquired mine.  :)
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 15:24:59 »
Lovely review, Abbot Hamilton!  The lady is well-photographed at PlaymoDB: hover or click to enlarge photos.

30 14 0500 - Female Bear Handler

I like their given names and may borrow them to assign to these characters!

Thank you Heather! I should have known.  ::)  :wave: