Author Topic: I would like to see a Playmobil newsstand.  (Read 2313 times)

Offline Ackie

• Playmo Fanatic
I would like to see a Playmobil newsstand.
« on: October 29, 2019, 00:21:03 »
I would like to see a Playmobil  newsstand, with your typical newspapers, magazines, snacks and  soft drinks being sold.
It doesn’t matter how big or small your Playmobil collection is, it’s what you do with it that matters.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: I would like to see a Playmobil newsstand.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 11:30:11 »
That would be great for a station platform! It would be good if it had one of those posters on a stand (with criss-cross wires making diamond-shapes holding it in place)  with the latest headline, "Man bites dog" or "Playmobil ship makes it to Pitcairn Island" or "Stop reading this or you will miss your train".
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Ackie

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 13:47:15 »
That would be great for a station platform! It would be good if it had one of those posters on a stand (with criss-cross wires making diamond-shapes holding it in place)  with the latest headline, "Man bites dog" or "Playmobil ship makes it to Pitcairn Island" or "Stop reading this or you will miss your train".

I totally agree with you on that the newsstand having posters on a stand (with criss-cross wires making diamond-shapes holding it in place)  with the latest headline. I totally forgot that most newsstands have them still.
It doesn’t matter how big or small your Playmobil collection is, it’s what you do with it that matters.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 22:01:24 »
Or something like this?

« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 22:07:49 by playmofire »
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2019, 22:02:48 »
Or something like this?

That's great!   :love:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 22:09:38 »
That's great!   :love:

Thank you, tahra.  Both the newspapers and postcards (on the far left) are dolls' house accessories, 1:24 I think.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2019, 22:11:48 »
Thank you, tahra.  Both the newspapers and postcards (on the far left) are dolls' house accessories, 1:24 I think.

They're perfect!

Offline Ackie

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2019, 23:04:01 »
Or something like this?

Your newsstand playmofire looks fabulous.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2019, 09:10:05 »

Thank you, Ackie.

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2019, 19:43:39 »

Indeed it does! It would look lovely as a set, I've got to agree.